Any guesses on Boys and Girls?

Redfeathers

Songster
12 Years
Oct 11, 2007
Gervais OR
I know it's a little soon to tell but what are your guesses on my babies. Boy or girl:

Chicks 1 and 2 are Production red (sexed as pullets) 3wks. Number 3 is a SLW(sexed as pullet) and the rest are BO's (straight run) These are 16 days old

Picture155.jpg

Picture154.jpg

Picture162.jpg

Picture161.jpg

Picture160.jpg

Picture159.jpg

Picture158.jpg

Picture156.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
All of them look like pullets to me. besides number 3 (of the ones you dont know) looks like its a possible rooster cause the comb seems higher. alot of the times. a rooster will have a higher comb from birth .sometimes longer as well, if their not to old you could probably Sex them like hatcheries. .look at their wing feathers. hen will have short long short long etc. rooster will have all long. also. hold them by their feet. rooster will stretch out. Hen will curl up. you could try it. if their a little old though. neither of the methods will work. will just have to wait.

Thank you DT. Anybody else want to take a wild stab at it? I think the top pic looks like a rooster even though it was sexed a pullet.

I was thinking the first one stands like a rooster but I think its too early to tell. I have some 4 wk olds and a few peck @ my hand wheb I reach in the cage, so I guess they will be boys
sad.png
based on behavior I will have 4 of 7 be boys...so let's hope ya can't tell by this behavior thing too well.

Back
Top Bottom