Any guesses on breed or gender?

lv9777

Songster
Aug 29, 2021
Michigan
I put a few eggs under a broody and now have four 5 1/2 week old chicks. The farm I got the eggs from said that they had Cochins, Sussex, and a few Ayam Kampongs. These chicks do not have feathered feet, which I thought they would. Is it possible to determine lineage with mixed chicks? Any idea what combo these guys may be? It would be nice to know what the mix might be for temperament.
I am pretty sure due to the red comb and wattles starting that Jasper is a cockerel. I think Amber is a pullet and she feathered out first. I am hoping that Pearl is also pullet, but I am not sure. Lazarus is a runt so it may be some time before I know. He/she seems to be weeks behind his brood mates. Would luv to know if my guesses are correct or not. Thank you

Attachments

• jasper-face.JPG
    jasper-face.JPG
    521.6 KB · Views: 8
  • jasper and pearl.JPG
    jasper and pearl.JPG
    958.2 KB · Views: 5
  • amber -body.JPG
    amber -body.JPG
    468.1 KB · Views: 4
  • amber and lazarus.JPG
    amber and lazarus.JPG
    531.7 KB · Views: 4
  • pearl face.JPG
    pearl face.JPG
    296.3 KB · Views: 4
  • pearl body.JPG
    pearl body.JPG
    886.5 KB · Views: 4
  • three.JPG
    three.JPG
    859.7 KB · Views: 5
I put a few eggs under a broody and now have four 5 1/2 week old chicks. The farm I got the eggs from said that they had Cochins, Sussex, and a few Ayam Kampongs. These chicks do not have feathered feet, which I thought they would. Is it possible to determine lineage with mixed chicks? Any idea what combo these guys may be? It would be nice to know what the mix might be for temperament.
I am pretty sure due to the red comb and wattles starting that Jasper is a cockerel. I think Amber is a pullet and she feathered out first. I am hoping that Pearl is also pullet, but I am not sure. Lazarus is a runt so it may be some time before I know. He/she seems to be weeks behind his brood mates. Would luv to know if my guesses are correct or not. Thank you
I see three cockerels. Picture 1, 3, and 5.

Jasper, Amber, and Pearl look like cockerels. :hmm

Back
Top Bottom