Any guesses?

WhySayWhat

Crowing
13 Years
Nov 5, 2010
Spokane, WA
My little scissor beak…when she was a chick, I thought she was a Black Jersey Giant. She’s from Meyer Hatchery, matched all the photos in their chick identifier as a JG. Now though…she’s speckled? The tan on her face is food, she’s a horribly messy eater, I need to find a safe space in my house to let her dry off after a bath, but with dogs inside, she’s safer to just stay dirty.

She’s half the size of all my other pullets, RIR, NHR, PBR, Cochin, BCN, etc. I’m at a complete lose of what she could be…maybe an EE? She’s so freaking friendly! She loves to be picked up and cuddled, the rest run away.

Attachments

• A7AE6FA5-531D-4060-8132-B0F9961036B5.jpeg
    A7AE6FA5-531D-4060-8132-B0F9961036B5.jpeg
    579.6 KB · Views: 13
My little scissor beak…when she was a chick, I thought she was a Black Jersey Giant. She’s from Meyer Hatchery, matched all the photos in their chick identifier as a JG. Now though…she’s speckled? The tan on her face is food, she’s a horribly messy eater, I need to find a safe space in my house to let her dry off after a bath, but with dogs inside, she’s safer to just stay dirty.

She’s half the size of all my other pullets, RIR, NHR, PBR, Cochin, BCN, etc. I’m at a complete lose of what she could be…maybe an EE? She’s so freaking friendly! She loves to be picked up and cuddled, the rest run away.
Could you post some pictures of her compared to the others? I don't know if she could be an EE bantam since she's half the size of the others. ;)

Could you post some pictures of her compared to the others? I don't know if she could be an EE bantam since she's half the size of the others. ;)
It’s really hard to get pics of her with everyone else, she’s always got her head stuck in the feed buckets or she’s at my feet wanting to be picked up. 🤣 I don’t think she’s a bantam, just super lightweight because of her scissor beak and being bullied out of the feeders when I’m not there. In the attached photo, she’s the blackish in the back on the right by the feeder.

Attachments

• 7EE74B30-60ED-4922-9F40-86B569FE0707.jpeg
    7EE74B30-60ED-4922-9F40-86B569FE0707.jpeg
    994.3 KB · Views: 4
It’s really hard to get pics of her with everyone else, she’s always got her head stuck in the feed buckets or she’s at my feet wanting to be picked up. 🤣 I don’t think she’s a bantam, just super lightweight because of her scissor beak and being bullied out of the feeders when I’m not there. In the attached photo, she’s the blackish in the back on the right by the feeder.
Yeah it's probably just cause of her crossbeak. 😊 She is very cute! We have three crossbeaks and hopefully we never have any more.:fl

Back
Top Bottom