Any help appreciated with my 2 sick girls

mbranco20

Hatching
May 30, 2016
A few days ago I noticed one of my older girls (tippy) not acting right. Her comb started dropping and when I let them out to roam the back yard she pretty much stayed within 20 feet of the coop and didn't move around. I isolated her and she ate a little bit of watermelon and bread the first day but now day 3 I am feeding her Gatorade and ground up chick food that I have made into a liquid. She holds it down but has had lots of diarrhea (which smells awful..sounds odd but it's almost a death smell) Any ideas on what I can do to help my sweet Tippy?

My second hen I noticed yesterday wasn't her usual happy self (this is junior) I let them out to roam again and found her and hour later hiding under a bush and what looks as though she had thrown up, or was leaking fluid out of her beak. I isolated her and she will not eat or drink on her own, she seems starved because I am doing a small syringe with water and baby chick food made into a liquid and she keeps sticking her tongue out to try to get the liquid. (I am not sure if this is sour crop, she doesn't have a water balloon feeling in her crop, almost feels like hard)

These girls are very spoiled pets and I hate to see them suffer. Any help would be appreciated very much.

One of my hens are acting like the first one you mentioned. I'm really worried about her. But I've never had a sick chicken so I have no idea what to do. I did give her a scrambled egg.

I am going to try that first thing on the morning. My second chicken (JR) I believe has sour crop I turned her upside down and black water..,,came pour out of her mouth. I did that a couple of times and then gave her a probiotic mixed with a little Greek yogurt. I hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom