Any help would be good and thank you

It does sound like there is something going on with her crop at least (she may have more than one problem is the other thing). I would keep trying to get water and soft food down her and massage her crop, they usually do not recommend giving course stuff since you want to get things moving through the crop, mash should be fine as long as it is really finely ground bits.
I would not worm her right now, I would consider worming some of her flock mates right now to see if they pass a bunch of worms and if they don't them put the worms as the problem possibility at the end of the list.
Would def give the Nystatin if you started, it is an antifungal, what they use for sour crop. Would also give yogurt.
Corid should be fine, just do not give vitamins when you are using it since it is a vit b / niacin inhibitor and won't do any good.

It does sound like there is something going on with her crop at least (she may have more than one problem is the other thing). I would keep trying to get water and soft food down her and massage her crop, they usually do not recommend giving course stuff since you want to get things moving through the crop, mash should be fine as long as it is really finely ground bits.
I would not worm her right now, I would consider worming some of her flock mates right now to see if they pass a bunch of worms and if they don't them put the worms as the problem possibility at the end of the list.
Would def give the Nystatin if you started, it is an antifungal, what they use for sour crop. Would also give yogurt.
Corid should be fine, just do not give vitamins when you are using it since it is a vit b / niacin inhibitor and won't do any good.
The majority of dead worms are digested and/or too small to be seen after worming, so just because you don't see them there after worming, does not mean that they don't have them. The only time I do not worm is when the act of handling the bird is likely to kill it, otherwise it gets wormed, especially if it has a pale comb.

-Kathy

Janet, How much water do you think you can get into her safely? And is she in your house in a warm spot?
Don't worry about giving the Nystatin with the Corid, that's fine.

-Kathy

Do you have a kitchen or postal scale that you could weigh her on? I think she should weigh 5-6 pounds.

-Kathy

Last edited:
Before work today i got 10 cc or ml ( same thing ) of applesauce down her and 15 cc of water its very warm here today 90 so Im not worried about the cold. Over night she did poop alittle and this morning the crop was down but not empty and still isnt, It isnt extra large at all today but their is still food in it and more then i like. Gave her her second dose of nystatin and the water with corid in it, My daughter came here today and made sure she got food and water every 2 hours and she walked out of her cage today. She is still very fragile and not as bad as yesterday but still not great. We have been diligent in massageing the crop and giving her soft food. I am going to pick up a scale tonight along with some yogurt. My ladies have never liked yogurt so this will have to be forced. How long do i keep her on a soft diet? How do I introduce her back to feed? I dont think she was 5 pounds at the start of this she was a little girl no more then 3 or 4 pounds. I think the person that i got them all from was off on the age of the 2 rhodes because they were suppose to be the same age as the isa browns but they were a little smaller then the Isa's. I got them seperate from the date i got the browns. Thank you everyone for your support and help.

Back
Top Bottom