Any Home Bakers Here?

@N F C

Ridley's has 25 lb. bags of flour in stock for $7.98. It is not a brand name flour and simply says it is baking flour. I picked up one sack of the unbleached (they also have bleached) and because it is old farts day on Wednesday, I got a 10% discount.

Too bad DH isn't in Casper right now or I'd ask him to grab a bag. I've only been in Ridley's once but I liked that store.

Happy Easter y'all. Made these to celebrate. Chocolate cake with buttercream "grass" frosting. I got the chicks at Grocery Outlet about a month ago. Yummy!!

View attachment 2080755View attachment 2080756View attachment 2080757

Nice job on the cupcakes!

Too bad DH isn't in Casper right now or I'd ask him to grab a bag. I've only been in Ridley's once but I liked that store.
They have had their 25 lb. sacks in stock every time that I have gone in. It probably doesn't sell well because it appears to be their generic flour.

They have had their 25 lb. sacks in stock every time that I have gone in. It probably doesn't sell well because it appears to be their generic flour.

I'll check it out the next time I get up there! Ridley's would be a nice change from Menard's and Home Depot (I like them ok, but I've been there way too much).

I love the Montana Wheat company's AP flour, it's so smooth and silky feeling, bakes up great. Last night when DH was working with our pizza dough, he commented on the flour's weird texture...I pointed out he was using Gold Medal instead of the MW flour and he was very surprised at the difference.

I love the Montana Wheat company's AP flour, it's so smooth and silky feeling, bakes up great. Last night when DH was working with our pizza dough, he commented on the flour's weird texture...I pointed out he was using Gold Medal instead of the MW flour and he was very surprised at the difference.
It's my favorite too. I have Gold Medal right now and it's definitely not the same.

Back
Top Bottom