Any Home Bakers Here?

Yup but here Grandma Elftman White bread

6-12 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbls salt
2 tbls yeast
3 - 6 cups water
1/3 cup olive oil (she used vegetable oil)

Heat water to 110°, put salt, sugar, and yeast in a bowl and pour water over and add oil, stir with wire whip until dissolved.
First Kneed
Stir in cups of flour until mixed well. Add more flour until you have a stiff dough and then kneed until dough is smooth and elastic
Cover and let rise about one hour.
Punch down and knead until smooth. Divide dough into thirds, shape into 3 loaves and let rise until doubled in size (about 1 hour) and then bake at 400° for 20-30 minutes. Bread is done when the bottom sounds hollow when you tap it and internal temperature is 195 to 205 degrees.

Yup but here Grandma Elftman White bread

6-12 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbls salt
2 tbls yeast
3 - 6 cups water
1/3 cup olive oil (she used vegetable oil)

Heat water to 110°, put salt, sugar, and yeast in a bowl and pour water over and add oil, stir with wire whip until dissolved.
First Kneed
Stir in cups of flour until mixed well. Add more flour until you have a stiff dough and then kneed until dough is smooth and elastic
Cover and let rise about one hour.
Punch down and knead until smooth. Divide dough into thirds, shape into 3 loaves and let rise until doubled in size (about 1 hour) and then bake at 400° for 20-30 minutes. Bread is done when the bottom sounds hollow when you tap it and internal temperature is 195 to 205 degrees.
Thanks Penny, Now I have a recipe for 3 loaves of bread. Printed and
it is in my favorites. Thanks again, Aria

Sourdough Sandwich Bread1/2 cup sourdough starter 2 T honey
1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt 2 Tablespoons olive oil 1 1/4 cup warm water
3-3 1/2 cups flour (I used 1 cup whole wheat flour 1 1/2 cup Bread Flour (l T flaxmeal 1 T whey protein powder
Mix all ingredients in Mixer. So it does not stick to your hands ..cleans\the bowl. Cover warm place rise for 2 hours.

Place dough on floured counter and flatten with hands and fold, roll,
and cover and let bench rest 10 minutes. Flatten with fingers and shape
into a loaf. Vessel of your choice. I used a 9 x 5 tin covered warm place
and let rise for 1 hour (came to top of tin) Baked 400 degree oven 30 mins. Brushed butter on top. On rack to cool.

I wanted two loaves, I do NOT like doubling recipe....ratios etc. I mixed
one loaf and then mixed the other. View attachment 2178264
Beautiful bread!

Skyleen13, your pie crust recipe is delish! I made a strawberry pie this evening (ok so my pie crust "making it pretty" skills still need work, but I'm happy with it) and it turned out perfect! It was so easy to roll out too!!
20200605_191502.jpg

Skyleen13, your pie crust recipe is delish! I made a strawberry pie this evening (ok so my pie crust "making it pretty" skills still need work, but I'm happy with it) and it turned out perfect! It was so easy to roll out too!!View attachment 2178725
Pie look great. Finally someone has Skyleen's Pie Crust Recipe. Would
you mind posting it please. No sure everyone got it. Aria

Pie look great. Finally someone has Skyleen's Pie Crust Recipe. Would
you mind posting it please. No sure everyone got it. Aria
Yea...I got a screen shot of it anyways...hope that works!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200521-194809_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200521-194809_Samsung Internet.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20200530-200842_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200530-200842_Samsung Internet.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 14

Back
Top Bottom