Any Home Bakers Here?

I made the coacoa cake but did cupcakes cream cheese frosting. Made a dozen yum.. Wasn't certain how they would bake up .. took about 30 minutes at 350
Crazy Chocolate Cake

Ingredients

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tblsp white vinegar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups cold water

Directions

Sift flour, sugar, salt, soda, and cocoa together into a 9 x 13 inch ungreased cake pan. Make three wells. Pour oil into one well, vinegar into second, and vanilla into third well. Pour cold water over all, and stir well with fork.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
009.jpg

I have a request:
I have a friend that can't do dairy and she would like to know what to substitute for butter and milk. In this case for making the King Arthur English muffins.

I'm sure someone here can help me :D
Supbbing for butter depends on the recipe. If butter and sugar are creamed, vegetable shortening and lard are good. I have not had good results from coconut oil when creaming butter and sugar.

If the butter is melted, then any oil works. Avocado or peanut oil will work well.

If the butter is for frying, Ghee might work since the solids from the butter is removed. Otherwise butter flavored crisco is worth a try.

View attachment 2661300
View attachment 2661301
Made two sourdough loaves on Saturday. I also made a batch of chocolate chocolate chip muffins for Mother's Day with my husband's family, but didn't get pictures. I look forward to whenever we get our own house so I don't feel like I'm in the way whenever I get into baking mode!

Beautiful bread, it could be in a magazine!

Back
Top Bottom