Any Home Bakers Here?

No, I know they ate them. I would make peanut butter for her, and walnut butter for him, as walnut is the nut lowest in oxalic acid. But even that isn't worth the risk right now.

Ok, here is how I make peanut butter in my food processor.

1 lb of dry roasted peanuts (I use unsalted, but that's just me)
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (I don't even measure this; I like a lot)
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (I do measure this; a little goes a long way)
Approximately 1/8-1/4 cup honey

Dump the peanuts in the processor bowl. Sprinkle the cinnamon and clove over. Process until it turns to peanut butter, anywhere from 3-5(ish) minutes. You can stop here if you want. It's really good, just not sweet.

Drizzle the honey around the bowl. Process some more and watch the PB solidify before your very eyes! It goes from butter to thick paste in a minute or less.

Get out your patience. Keep the processor going until it's back to being butter. Depending on how much honey you put in, this could take 10 minutes (a little honey) to 20 minutes (a lot of honey).

The butter will be very warm by the time it's done. It will also be pretty soft, so you may need to store it in the fridge.

I used to put everything, including the honey, in at the beginning. It sometimes took 40 (!) minutes to make butter!

I have made almond and cashew butters this way too, or mixes of nuts.
I should try this! I think I might have a fat intolerance, need to go to a GI, but I havent found a good added fat free PB.

I should try this! I think I might have a fat intolerance, need to go to a GI, but I havent found a good added fat free PB.
It has the fat from the peanuts, but that's it. And to me, PB does not need any hydrogenated oils, or preservatives, or any of that crap.

I was using some store bought PB to bait a mouse trap, and tasted a bit of it. :sick I'm spoiled now. I like my PB better than any other.

No, I know they ate them. I would make peanut butter for her, and walnut butter for him, as walnut is the nut lowest in oxalic acid. But even that isn't worth the risk right now.

Ok, here is how I make peanut butter in my food processor.

1 lb of dry roasted peanuts (I use unsalted, but that's just me)
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (I don't even measure this; I like a lot)
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (I do measure this; a little goes a long way)
Approximately 1/8-1/4 cup honey

Dump the peanuts in the processor bowl. Sprinkle the cinnamon and clove over. Process until it turns to peanut butter, anywhere from 3-5(ish) minutes. You can stop here if you want. It's really good, just not sweet.

Drizzle the honey around the bowl. Process some more and watch the PB solidify before your very eyes! It goes from butter to thick paste in a minute or less.

Get out your patience. Keep the processor going until it's back to being butter. Depending on how much honey you put in, this could take 10 minutes (a little honey) to 20 minutes (a lot of honey).

The butter will be very warm by the time it's done. It will also be pretty soft, so you may need to store it in the fridge.

I used to put everything, including the honey, in at the beginning. It sometimes took 40 (!) minutes to make butter!

I have made almond and cashew butters this way too, or mixes of nuts.
Thanks!

Insane asylum cake! :wee :wee
It’s Crazy/wacky/whatever you call it cake with walnuts, and topped with cream cheese frosting and raspberries… which I had to remove because they are moldy. I’d really have to be nuts to eat them.
4BDEA963-4A7D-4E0C-B3CB-C18F85F19255.jpeg B1E6A0BA-520A-40D7-9BC3-E4D6ED4C38FA.gif

I am making @musikfan's Bakery Style Bread (post #45,269) tonight. About to put it into 500°F Dutch oven. Wish me luck! Pics follow.

PXL_20211202_003308300.jpg

This was REALLY soft, even sticky. I tucked a little extra flour into it so I could handle it. Then basically dropped it into the dutch oven, at which point I fear any air in the dough likely got smashed out of it. Covered it and it's baking now. We'll see how it goes. :idunno

View attachment 2915718

This was REALLY soft, even sticky. I tucked a little extra flour into it so I could handle it. Then basically dropped it into the dutch oven, at which point I fear any air in the dough likely got smashed out of it. Covered it and it's baking now. We'll see how it goes. :idunno
Should be great

Then basically dropped it into the dutch oven, at which point I fear any air in the dough likely got smashed out of it.
That's one of the ideas behind the silicone mat I ordered. You put the dough on the mat, lift the whole thing, and set it down in the Dutch oven.

I will definitely give a report after I use it. See if it was worth $20.

Speaking of $20, I got a pair of "Ove Gloves" at the store today. Rated for 540 degrees. :eek: So the mere 450-500 of the Dutch oven should be no problem, I hope!

Dang. I just added up $80 for a Dutch oven, $20 for the silicone mat, $20 for the Ove Glove, $15 for the GF starter, and I have a really, really expensive loaf of bread!

But then the rest are just a couple bucks. And I have a Dutch oven, the mat, and the gloves.

That's one of the ideas behind the silicone mat I ordered. You put the dough on the mat, lift the whole thing, and set it down in the Dutch oven.

I will definitely give a report after I use it. See if it was worth $20.

Speaking of $20, I got a pair of "Ove Gloves" at the store today. Rated for 540 degrees. :eek: So the mere 450-500 of the Dutch oven should be no problem, I hope!

Dang. I just added up $80 for a Dutch oven, $20 for the silicone mat, $20 for the Ove Glove, $15 for the GF starter, and I have a really, really expensive loaf of bread!

But then the rest are just a couple bucks. And I have a Dutch oven, the mat, and the gloves.
Oh there’s a mat and gloves? We just have the big ceramic pot. That thing is heavy!!! It broke the shelf once

Back
Top Bottom