Any Home Bakers Here?

Hi guys! I lost this thread for a while and do not bake much, but yesterday The Kid and I baked a cake. 😄 It's a box vanilla cake which we augmented using milk instead of water, and an extra egg yolk by the expedient of using a double-yolk egg, lol. (DH is always accusing me of "cheating," and in this case he was right!). Then we made a batch of instant vanilla pudding for the filling between layers (yum!) and topped it all with a chocolate ganache. Not a treat for a diabetic, but man, was it good! (What? :confused: I had to sample it!) Reminded me of a Boston cream pie.
20220529_153457.jpg

Hi guys! I lost this thread for a while and do not bake much, but yesterday The Kid and I baked a cake. 😄 It's a box vanilla cake which we augmented using milk instead of water, and an extra egg yolk by the expedient of using a double-yolk egg, lol. (DH is always accusing me of "cheating," and in this case he was right!). Then we made a batch of instant vanilla pudding for the filling between layers (yum!) and topped it all with a chocolate ganache. Not a treat for a diabetic, but man, was it good! (What? :confused: I had to sample it!) Reminded me of a Boston cream pie.
View attachment 3129398
Thanks for the tip! It is now in the hints and tips section of the threads google sheet.

View attachment 3129398
Oh yum!

Back
Top Bottom