Any Home Bakers Here?

Ok, I just looked it up. The only way I'd considering doing it is with an Instant Pot, as I don't have a rice cooker, and my slow cooker doesn't have a "warm" setting, just high and low, which I guess is too warm.

So, has anyone made black garlic successfully in an Instant Pot or other pressure cooker?
Never heard of Black Garlic? Sourdough Multigrain Seeded

Attachments

• 20240420_144939.jpeg
    20240420_144939.jpeg
    396.7 KB · Views: 0
Thank you. I blame it on my Strong Sourdough. And you know
where that came from. Love always, Aria
I dehydrated a new batch of starter last weekend so I am ready to give more out!

Apparently the old Oregon sourdough starter was trending on social media recently. It makes sense because it is very good starter!

I dehydrated a new batch of starter last weekend so I am ready to give more out!

Apparently the old Oregon sourdough starter was trending on social media recently. It makes sense because it is very good starter!
Ron, I KNOW IT IS AN EXCELLENT SOURDOUGH STARTER. All
I bake is ONLY with your sourdough starter. NEVER FAILED. I
have two jars....since I bake weekly. Family, Friends, and ME.

How do you make black garlic?

Ok, I just looked it up. The only way I'd considering doing it is with an Instant Pot, as I don't have a rice cooker, and my slow cooker doesn't have a "warm" setting, just high and low, which I guess is too warm.

So, has anyone made black garlic successfully in an Instant Pot or other pressure cooker?
I was watching Youtube gardening videos last year and remember one where they made black garlic using the heat from a compost pile. I think they wrapped the garlic in foil and buried it near the top of the pile. I guess the long term 150 degree or so environment was just right for the process.

Here are a couple videos where the guy puts the garlic in jars that go in the compost pile.

Back
Top Bottom