Any Home Bakers Here?

When the zucchini is hidden in chocolate baking, it's not noticeable. Very tasty! But I've never had zucchini by itself or in savoury dishes.
Slice into half-inch rounds, bread as you would fried chicken (seasoned flour, then egg, then Bisquick batter is my fave), then fry in a little oil till golden brown. Sprinkle a little salt over them and serve with ranch dressing. My kids and their friends loved these!

I also cook zucchini, tomato, potato casserole, just cut in thin slices ( potatoes boiled, of course) lay in a buttered dish , layering potato, tomato, zucchini, repeat, cover with either pats of butter, salt and pepper, some add sour cream or some shredded cheese and in the oven it goes ( usually about 45 minutes, depends on how thick or thin the slices are)

THis is my favorite zucchini recipe, my sister shared it with me over 40 years ago. It's great for church suppers., etc. This is not the whole recipe, you'll have to google.

1000007188.jpg

Not really high on my list, but I want to try zoodles. I figure with enough tomato, garlic, onion, and parmesan cheese, even zucchini will taste great.

I'm missing the "twirling" part of spaghetti night. Now, I put the sauce over rice, but maybe zoodles will let me twirl again.

Come on, baby, let's do the twirl! (Channeling my inner Chubby Checker.)

Zucchini is one vegetable that will pick up flavor of whatever you cook it with.

Back
Top Bottom