Any Home Bakers Here?

Best mashed potatoes I had recently was at a friends house. She boiled the potatoes in just enough water to cover them - and added 4 whole garlic cloves (peeled). She mashed the garlic in with the potatoes when done cooking - adding butter, some sour cream and just enough cooking water to make them creamy. Dang good! Almost better than the fish fry they made also.

I'll have to try then!

20200228_090437.jpg

Bangers and mash with Uncle Fred and Johnny Rutter.

In regular English, sausages, Mashed potatoes, and bread and butter.

Best mashed potatoes I had recently was at a friends house. She boiled the potatoes in just enough water to cover them - and added 4 whole garlic cloves (peeled). She mashed the garlic in with the potatoes when done cooking - adding butter, some sour cream and just enough cooking water to make them creamy. Dang good! Almost better than the fish fry they made also.
Thats kind of how I do mine but I add half n half instead of water a little dried parsley for color and salt when they are boiling. I use garlic powder or minced dry garlic.

Peel...cut small cover with water...Boil till done. (you can test with fork)
about 10 minutes.
Drain....make space in center: little milk butter (your taste). Let milk
warm in center of potatoes and butter melt.
Potato Masher...and mash and combine., You can add salt and pepper.
Done. Just simple method I use. Enjoy. Aria
Most of the time I do the same as Aria, but sometimes I'll kick it up a bit. Hand full of shredded cheese, maybe some bacon and chives with a bit of sour cream... Pretty much what ever you can imagine will probably work.

I do mine plain like Aria or kicked up like Bob's. Good eats!

Mashed potatoes feel like comfort food!
Pork roasts were on sale today for $0.89 per pound. Tomorrow will be pork & sauerkraut with dumplings and mashed potatoes. It was our traditional New Year's meal but I have it when I get around to it. My mother always added cut up hot dogs but I omit them.

Pork roasts were on sale today for $0.89 per pound. Tomorrow will be pork & sauerkraut with dumplings and mashed potatoes. It was our traditional New Year's meal but I have it when I get around to it. My mother always added cut up hot dogs but I omit them.
That sounds so good. My mom used to make that with spare ribs. We added cottage cheese to the meal too. I had a friend pick up 2 Hormel always tender whole pork loins for me today and I’ll cut them up tomorrow.

Peel...cut small cover with water...Boil till done. (you can test with fork)
about 10 minutes.
10 minutes?? I must be doing something wrong, always takes mine at least 20 minutes, often 30. I cut them up into small pieces, like < 1/2". I use white potatoes, don't care for Reds or Yukon Golds, they are too waxy in mashed potatoes.

Once cooked and drained I add a bunch of butter and mash them. I've found that my pastry cutter does a bang up job of mashing. Then I add milk until the texture is right. Of course "right" is personal preference.

Back
Top Bottom