Any Home Bakers Here?

I am publicly apologizing. I am under immense stress due to many things happening now.

Still no excuse, so I'm sorry.
:hugsI am giving you a corona free virtual hug!

I thought you were under a lot of pressure-- moving, virus, death in the family from it is a lot of stress! Also I think you are having car problems.

I am been impressed that you are, through all of this, still out hunting and fishing for your Family!

:highfive:

I'm leaving this thread. Most of my posts go ignored, and I feel like I am not getting much interaction. Maybe you guys think of me as a troll, I dont know. I HATE life right now.

I think everyone is stressed right now, or at least pre-occupied. Take a deep breath, we're all ok and I hope no one leaves.

Not baking related, but still interesting.

We're preparing to move. While cleaning out a drawer, we found this.

View attachment 2066732

That's a 1940 Third Reich coin. How the heck did we get a hold of this?
Someone in the family bought it, who knows when!

But we had the same "how the heck" when we found the 2 "secret" drawers in my grandmother's secretary desk. There was some Confederate money and a Confederate pay roster. Now explain to me how my Grandmother who was born in Spain and came to the USA as a young child shortly into the 1900's and/or my grandfather who was born in Illinois in 1895 and moved to Los Angeles about 1905 and whose father was born about the time of the Civil War, his father a furniture maker in Baltimore and the Confederates burned his furniture factory would have had those things! Certainly my grandfather's grandfather wasn't in the Confederate army.

All I can think is that whoever had the desk at some before them had some links to the Confederate Army and no one had ever looked in those drawers. The fronts look like they are just decorative, only maybe 2" wide, but those drawers are very common in secretary desks, not really secret.

Likely a relative was in Germany during WWII
Not likely since it has a price on it.

I'm sorry you are having such stresses Jared. Hang in there, it will get better with time. Each one that is relieved in turn will make you less stressed. :hugs

Funny post.

I went out to practice my goose calling for next October. I was trying to call in a flock. My sister then said, "Look behind you!"

I looked behind me.

20200329_182226.jpg

They all swam over when they heard my calling!

It was funny.

In all seriousness, I dont think I want to leave the thread. I was just very stressed when I said that.

Back
Top Bottom