Any Home Bakers Here?

You get the membership $ back nowadays at Sam's. For every XX spent (I forget) you accrue towards a yearly cash back amount. Should you not meet the threshold for the cost of the membership for the yearly cash back amount, just stop by the customer service desk and they will give you the difference.
For a family of two, even with major allergies, I've gotten both some cash back and some of the difference paid back to me the last 2 years. This year, having the ability to order what we need online with free shipping has been terrific and largely what has helped us stay home and stay healthy.

I only mention this because generally I'm like you...You want ME to pay You to take My money?? Are you nuts?? But this is one of those rare times it comes out even for us.
It doesn't matter, I am just dead set against the principle of paying someone to allow me to give them my money.

Nice day of shopping!
Long day, wears me out especially now with the one way restrictions and all. Better have your shopping list in the same order as the products in the store because backtracking is a pain.

Plenty of potatoes in the store
Yeah I noticed that during this whole Covid shortage thing, there has always been plenty of fresh fruits and veg.

It's too far away and a hassle.
Which is why I do it all in one day.

Good timing for the mention of the Aldis pancake mix above. If you have an Aldis I mean.
Apparently there is one in Plattsburgh, NY a mere 20 miles one way ... if one can flap their arms enough to fly. 35.5 if one wants to pay the $10.75 each way to take the ferry. 54.5 miles
if you take the bridge to Rouses Point.

When I grew up in the Country, we were on a rural route. The mail was delivered down the street.
I got news for you, in new developments that is still the case. They put up mailbox "units" that are basically the same as PO boxes at the entrance to a neighborhood.

I have an issue with paying a store to allow me to give them my money. I will never have a membership at any of these outfits.
I can understand that but I pay the "ransom" at Costco because I still come out ahead even though I only go there maybe once a month and don't even buy all that much.

Apparently there is one in Plattsburgh, NY a mere 20 miles one way ... if one can flap their arms enough to fly. 35.5 if one wants to pay the $10.75 each way to take the ferry. 54.5 miles
if you take the bridge to Rouses Point.
Ouch!
Yeah, sounds like mail orders are the way to go. Have you checked if Costco has free shipping? Sam's does and usually has several GF flours or mixes available online. Been a real sanity saver for me.

As you probably noticed, I put that recipe info in a PM. No rush, it's a lot to digest, Just holler if I can help in any other way. Now go put your feet up and rest. :D

Frittata or quiche, whatever you call them are ready. One for now and one for the freezer. What an easy way to use up bits of things...these are ham, broccoli, bell pepper and a mix of whatever cheeses I had on hand.

View attachment 2164715
They look delicious!
Ouch!
Yeah, sounds like mail orders are the way to go. Have you checked if Costco has free shipping? Sam's does and usually has several GF flours or mixes available online. Been a real sanity saver for me.

As you probably noticed, I put that recipe info in a PM. No rush, it's a lot to digest, Just holler if I can help in any other way. Now go put your feet up and rest. :D
Sam’s has free shipping if you have the higher membership card...which I have. There’s several things I’ve been trying to order and they are out of stock.

now with the one way restrictions and all.
I just ignore them but then there are not normally many people in a store at the times I shop.
I can understand that but I pay the "ransom" at Costco because I still come out ahead even though I only go there maybe once a month and don't even buy all that much.
Everyone has to make their own decisions. I refuse to go along with it.

Back
Top Bottom