Any Home Bakers Here?

Well, they are the ugliest bagels I've ever made. I think next time I'll soak the raisins in warm water prior to adding. The dough was way too dry after the first rise and I had a hard time getting them into a ball. I suspect that the raisins stole water from the dough. But, they are really tastey. :drool

View attachment 2170631
Nice tip on the raisins!

Nice tip on the raisins!
This was one of the things that my mother never included in any of her recipes. If the recipe called for raisins, she would cover them with water in a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil, cool and drain before adding to the recipe.

Ron, Is that Terry Wilson's Recipe
Trevor Wilson, close on the memory :D
This is Trevor's original.

OK, I know I am early, it was only 8 PM when I started Ron's modified recipe but I was thinking about it and figured I better do it before I forgot ;) I'm sure an extra hour of overnight rest won't hurt it.

Well rats, I forgot NutsOnline was out of spelt, we are to be notified when it is back in stock. So I again just added the spelt grams to the rye grams. One day I will have the spelt and do it right!

The KA Basic sourdough came out well again. I just MIGHT be getting the hang of making sourdough bread :D

Today I’m making a sourdough recipe that you bake in a loaf pan. I don’t remember whose it was. Fairly simple, mix and bake the same day. We’re having soup again tonight But the English Muffins are gone so I had to do something! I’m letting it rise in a bowl on Cookie sheet on a pot of bone broth that’s cooling. Seems to be working well. The things we do to avoid store bought crackers or bread.

Trevor Wilson, close on the memory :D
This is Trevor's original.

OK, I know I am early, it was only 8 PM when I started Ron's modified recipe but I was thinking about it and figured I better do it before I forgot ;) I'm sure an extra hour of overnight rest won't hurt it.

Well rats, I forgot NutsOnline was out of spelt, we are to be notified when it is back in stock. So I again just added the spelt grams to the rye grams. One day I will have the spelt and do it right!

The KA Basic sourdough came out well again. I just MIGHT be getting the hang of making sourdough bread :D
I started the recipe at 10pm last night and then the folds at 7am.

It is a forgiving recipe on time

I put a pork loin in the oven with potatoes, carrots, celery, onion and a cup of sweet red wine and a cup of chicken broth. Seasoned it with salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, basil, garlic, salt and pepper.

I bought a nutri pot and a nuwave air fryer oven but I am having problems finding cooking times for the air fryer. I bought a cook book for both. But all the recipes for the air fryer say cook for 20 min check then another 20 min keep checking till it's done. It's to frustrating for me. lol So I use it for a toaster. lol
An air fryer is just a countertop convection oven. It's going to typically cut off about 1/4 of the normal cooking time.

I only use mine for fried stuff. When I make beer battered onion rings I usually do big batches and freeze. The air fryer reheats them so they're crispy just like when freshly made. If I don't ever use it for anything else I'm cool with it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom