Any Home Bakers Here?

I love cherry jam, pie or cherry anything so much I planted 4 trees about 30 years ago. 2 genetic dwarf Royal Annes which were said to top out at 12 to 15 feet, but are now over 30 feet tall. Between them I planted.a 4 in one to assure pollination but the deer broke off two of the grafts. The fourth one is a compact Stella, which is a self pollinating sweet cherry. In those 30 years we’ve had maybe one pie and several hands full. The crows don’t even wait for them to get ripe!

I love cherry jam, pie or cherry anything so much I planted 4 trees about 30 years ago. 2 genetic dwarf Royal Annes which were said to top out at 12 to 15 feet, but are now over 30 feet tall. Between them I planted.a 4 in one to assure pollination but the deer broke off two of the grafts. The fourth one is a compact Stella, which is a self pollinating sweet cherry. In those 30 years we’ve had maybe one pie and several hands full. The crows don’t even wait for them to get ripe!
Robins are the thieves here. I let them have the Nanking cherries but I have frames built and keep the Evans Balis covered.

I use the Sure-Jell no sugar added with the regular Sure-Jell recipe. I also do not chop up the cherries. I pit them and use them whole. I do make sure to use cane sugar instead of beet sugar. It makes a difference in the final texture. Of course, they have to be tart cherries.
Do you put strawberries in the jam? :caf

I had a cruddy day with a headache and arthritic hands. I was supposed to process and do some work upstairs today. Obviously that didn’t happen.
Tonight I started making sd bread. I began one recipe, and my phone went back to another recipe. So I started on another recipe... I think I used three recipes. I focused the best I could, but my head is still pounding.
Not whining, I’m actually trying to be funny. If I tried, I couldn’t tell you how the loaves were made.
I have regular and cinnamon raisin bread rising overnight in the refrigerator. Hopefully tomorrow will be better... and I’ll let you know how the Frankenstein breads taste.

Robins are the thieves here. I let them have the Nanking cherries but I have frames built and keep the Evans Balis covered.
I’d need a Real Big frame! :gig I let the trees get ahead of me. There have been 3 way wildlife feasts too! Crows in the top branches, raccoons in the middle breaking branches and deer in the ground eating what the raccoons send down. Yes, my trees are really ugly now!:hit

I had a cruddy day with a headache and arthritic hands. I was supposed to process and do some work upstairs today. Obviously that didn’t happen.
Tonight I started making sd bread. I began one recipe, and my phone went back to another recipe. So I started on another recipe... I think I used three recipes. I focused the best I could, but my head is still pounding.
Not whining, I’m actually trying to be funny. If I tried, I couldn’t tell you how the loaves were made.
I have regular and cinnamon raisin bread rising overnight in the refrigerator. Hopefully tomorrow will be better... and I’ll let you know how the Frankenstein breads taste.

Hope today is better for you BC!

Back
Top Bottom