Any Home Bakers Here?

I baked with blueberries today too!

I entered the muffins I made into the summer baking contest. You should enter your pie!
View attachment 2718491
It was a very blueberry day! I made blueberry tarts using puff pastry, with homemade lemon-lime curd, delicious! But did not get a picture, sorry!

We are testing out the process of meal planning this week, so if anyone has any advice on that please let me know!
In no particular order, these are my thoughts.

How many meals for how many people, and what meals for the day?
How old are the family members?
Any dietary preferences/restrictions/goals?
Budget?
Different responsibilities for individuals, like taking turns cooking?
Anything in the freezer or garden to use/use up?
Any sales to take advantage of, or do you buy anything in bulk, like half a cow?
Do you like leftovers?
Wednesday for us is spaghetti night. Do you have any favorite dishes to do something like that?

Get input from everyone, so nobody's likes/dislikes get ignored. Everyone has to buy into the plan, if possible. Write everything down on a big whiteboard/calendar.

Making pizza dough tomorrow! I like to mix up a big batch and freeze individual pizza-sized servings for later. I use the recipe on the back of a 1kg pack of Anna Napoletana Tipo 00 flour.

We are testing out the process of meal planning this week, so if anyone has any advice on that please let me know!
It helps to type up a list of recipes you use so that you can see what recipes you eat the most. We also sort ours by protein type. Having a few freezer meals put back also helps when there are days when no one wants to cook or if someone in the household can’t cook well. I also agree with all of @Sally PB suggestions.

Making pizza dough tomorrow! I like to mix up a big batch and freeze individual pizza-sized servings for later. I use the recipe on the back of a 1kg pack of Anna Napoletana Tipo 00 flour.

I plan dinners only. I use a calendar to map out the weekly dinners and then make a shopping list from that.

I do most of the shopping for the week on Saturday. I do have to go to the store to get things that are not fresh all week like avocados as needed.

Back
Top Bottom