Any Home Bakers Here?

Corn flour should work too!

6 Giant and regular Chocolate Chip Cookies​

Ingredients​

• 2 and 1/4 cups (281g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
  • 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened to room temperature
  • 3/4 cup (150g) packed light or dark brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup (100g) granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1 and 1/2 cups (270g) semi-sweet chocolate chips (plus extra for tops, if desired)

Instructions​

1. Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line 3 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. (If you don’t have 3 baking sheets, bake the cookies in batches.)
  2. Whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.
  3. Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together in a large bowl on medium-high speed until combined and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract, then beat on medium-high speed until combined. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl as needed. Beat in the dry ingredients on low speed, then beat in the chocolate chips until combined. The dough will be thick.
  4. Divide dough into 6 portions. Each will be a heaping 1/2 cup and weigh a little over 6 ounces. Shape each into mound, slightly flattening down the top. Place two on each baking sheet, at least 6 inches apart or make smaller cookies: rounded table spoons in size. Bake for 20-25 minutes for big cookies and 12 minutes for small cookies. Bake until edges and top are lightly browned. The center will look super soft, but it will set as the cookie cools.
  5. Cool the cookie on the baking sheet for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. As it cools, press a few chocolate chips into the top, if desired, for garnish.
  6. Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week.

Notes​

1. Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: You can make the cookie dough and chill it in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Allow to come to room temperature then continue with step 4. Baked cookies freeze well for up to 3 months. Unbaked cookie dough balls freeze well for up to 3 months. Normally you can bake frozen cookie dough balls straight from the freezer, but I recommend thawing these giant cookie dough balls prior to baking. Click here for my tips and tricks on freezing cookie dough.
  2. Room temperature egg + egg yolk are best. Typically, if a recipe calls for room temperature or melted butter, it’s in good practice to use room temperature eggs as well. To bring eggs to room temperature quickly, simply place the whole eggs in a glass of warm water for 5-10 minutes. What to do with the extra egg white? Here are all my recipes using egg whites.
Thanks so much Ron.

I am sorry I haven't been able to come in here. I've been bogged down with clearing my spare room and found another damp wall between my bathroom and spare room. I've never encountered this sort of damp before :confused:

But I have this recipe now and I am grateful. :)

Thanks so much Ron.

I am sorry I haven't been able to come in here. I've been bogged down with clearing my spare room and found another damp wall between my bathroom and spare room. I've never encountered this sort of damp before :confused:

But I have this recipe now and I am grateful. :)
I am sorry for the wet wall!

Is there a leak somewhere?

I am sorry for the wet wall!

Is there a leak somewhere?
Goodness knows. :(
I know about roof leaks into the panel walls and this can leave water damage in the walls and under floors, but where this is being 3 quarters up my wall and only damp not moldy is a mystery too me.

The outer wall damp and mold by the window can be explained plus hopefully we can deal with this (myself and friend) .

Sorry for my absence I'm staying online to look in but elsewhere in my home. :)

Thank you for asking

Okay so this was the moster cookie I made but made then a tad smaller. Added esspresso powder for small jolt.
001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom