Any Home Bakers Here?

Made a meat and potato pie for dinner. No1 son was happy.
IMG_20210919_182200.jpg

I made an orange labneh pound cake last night with vanilla ice cream for dessert for company. So good, but we ate it before I could get a pic! The recipe is not online, shucks! It was KAF's Cream Cheese Pound Cake with labneh for the cream cheese and the zest of one orange added. I also made a little cake soak with some simple syrup and the juice of an orange and drizzled it on top when the cake was hot. Absolutely delicious.

For the past year I've been learning how to bake yeast breads here at home. It's been challenging and rewarding (when it all comes together right, lol).

Today for the 1st time I made up a Boule recipe and ran into a snag. Is there anyone here that's familiar with yeast breads? Since I'm here several times a day reading about chickens, it would be great to chat with others that also bake.
===================================================
Updated 07-18-21: To find all the great recipes posted in this thread, click on one of the links below to go to a Google spreadsheet (then use the links in the spreadsheet to locate each recipe):

Baker Thread Index

Bread, Rolls, Pizza bases, starters

Cookies and Bars

Dinners and Vegetables

Desserts

Snacks, Sweets

Misc and Everything Else

Hints, Tips and How-to's
I really don't want too lose this page.

After being here well over a year I still get lost.

Thank you for these links and your guidance :)

I made an orange labneh pound cake last night with vanilla ice cream for dessert for company. So good, but we ate it before I could get a pic! The recipe is not online, shucks! It was KAF's Cream Cheese Pound Cake with labneh for the cream cheese and the zest of one orange added. I also made a little cake soak with some simple syrup and the juice of an orange and drizzled it on top when the cake was hot. Absolutely delicious.
Have you ever seen a grown woman dribbling after reading about a delish desert :drool

PXL_20210920_014322993.jpg

Today I made blueberry scones again with a lemon frosting. I had promised some time ago to post the recipe but never did, so here it is. I apologize for the delay.

Oven 400°F
In food processor, pulse together:
2 c AP flour
1/2 c granulated sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher salt
Zest of one whole lemon
Then add:
1/2 c (one stick) very cold butter, cut into cubes, and pulse till the size of peas.
Place in large bowl and add:
6 oz fresh or frozen blueberries.

Prepare wet ingredients:
2 eggs
3/4 c plain, whole-milk YOGURT*
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
Add to dry ingredients and mix till about 80% incorporated. Then add:
1/2 c cream cheese, cut into cubes (this works best if it's cold), and mix lightly.

Use ice cream scoop to place on parchment paper on cookie sheets about an inch apart; they will spread! Bake 15-20 min till edges slightly brown. Cool on pans about 5 minutes then move to wire racks to finish cooling.

While baking, prepare glaze:

1 1/2 c powdered sugar,
1/4 c plain or vanilla yogurt,
Juice of 1/2 lemon.
Should be thick but pourable. Brush thickly on cooled scones, then sprinkle with sanding sugar if desired.

*I accidentally used milk instead of yogurt, so mine came out like soft, domed cookies. They were delicious! Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom