Any Home Bakers Here?

81D001AB-8C09-4F45-830E-F6C5E2E67D04.jpeg

Boy, once he’s had grouse, it will be hard to get him back on regular dog food.

I gave him a little bit, and he will not leave me alone now, even though I ran out of grouse. I ate the rest myself.

One happy dog!
Same with chicken! I gave my Gracie some of the skin off a chicken I'd cooked while preparing to make dumplings once and now every time I cook chicken there she is, lying at my feet, gazing expectantly up at me. And I knew better! It only takes once to turn your dog into a beggar for life!

View attachment 2839675

Today I made blueberry scones again with a lemon frosting. I had promised some time ago to post the recipe but never did, so here it is. I apologize for the delay.

Oven 400°F
In food processor, pulse together:
2 c AP flour
1/2 c granulated sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher salt
Zest of one whole lemon
Then add:
1/2 c (one stick) very cold butter, cut into cubes, and pulse till the size of peas.
Place in large bowl and add:
6 oz fresh or frozen blueberries.

Prepare wet ingredients:
2 eggs
3/4 c plain, whole-milk YOGURT*
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
Add to dry ingredients and mix till about 80% incorporated. Then add:
1/2 c cream cheese, cut into cubes (this works best if it's cold), and mix lightly.

Use ice cream scoop to place on parchment paper on cookie sheets about an inch apart; they will spread! Bake 15-20 min till edges slightly brown. Cool on pans about 5 minutes then move to wire racks to finish cooling.

While baking, prepare glaze:

1 1/2 c powdered sugar,
1/4 c plain or vanilla yogurt,
Juice of 1/2 lemon.
Should be thick but pourable. Brush thickly on cooled scones, then sprinkle with sanding sugar if desired.

*I accidentally used milk instead of yogurt, so mine came out like soft, domed cookies. They were delicious! Enjoy!
Wow thank you

Back
Top Bottom