Any Home Bakers Here?

Instant pot lid? How does that work?

If you use the whole instant pot, what settings do you have on the cooker? Do I need the fryer basket or can it be done pot-in-pot style?

@BullChick, love, love, love ribs in the instant pot. Pop ‘em under a broiler for 5-10 minutes, slathered with sauce. Oh my, Christmas dinner!!
I did 380* for twenty bone up, 10 minutes meat up. I didn’t take a picture after the final slather and 5 minutes at 400*.

If you use the whole instant pot, what settings do you have on the cooker? Do I need the fryer basket or can it be done pot-in-pot style?

@BullChick, love, love, love ribs in the instant pot. Pop ‘em under a broiler for 5-10 minutes, slathered with sauce. Oh my, Christmas dinner!!
It is all in the lid!

The basket is part of the air fryer kit. I bought one for my mom as a Christmas Present

The IP air fryer is a separate lid attachment, about $90. To use it, you take the regular lid off and use this instead. It has all the programing buttons you need to set the time, temp, and cook cycle. (It can bake, broil, and other things besides air fry.) It came with a fryer basket, which goes in the normal IP inner pot.

For my potatoes, I cut them into 1/2" cubes, toss them with about 2 T olive oil, and the seasonings. I put them in the fryer basket in the inner pot. Then put on the air fryer lid and select Air Fry, 400 degrees, and 27 minutes.

3 advantages:
I use a fraction of the oil that I'd use to do these in the oven;
Even though the air fryer is cooking at 400 degrees, the air coming out of the vent is just warm and not at all hot;
It takes about half the time.

I baked em anyway and they came out fantastic:
5AEA46E4-503F-46F8-9731-12EC4B191986.jpeg
BD239619-53A0-4B02-9ADC-52123B15DE68.jpeg

Quickly deteriorating weather here.

I'm going to make bone broth in my Instant Pot today. DH hates the smell, so I do it while he's at work.

A really smart thing to do: Take the liner pot from the IP, put a freezer bag inside. Stuff all the bones from the turkey carcass into the bag. Freeze the whole thing, then take the pot out of the freezer and leave the bag. Now the frozen bones are just the right shape to fit in the pot.

Did I do this? Nope. :gig
Great idea, though, thanks!

Yup. Or maybe he can just deal with it. Though I'll do when he's not around, if I can. :)

Bone broth make the BEST soup, and I've found at least one soup recipe he likes.
The Kitchen had a good suggestion for bone broth today: use your leftover pasta water for making it! Will help make it extra rich.

The Kitchen had a good suggestion for bone broth today: use your leftover pasta water for making it! Will help make it extra rich.
I have made bread with water left over from cooking broccoli!

Any veggie will work and you get the health benefits from the veggies.

I have made bread with water left over from cooking broccoli!

Any veggie will work and you get the health benefits from the veggies.
Good idea. Just realized my pasta water won't be very starchy, we use veggie spaghetti! But it will be like using veggie water, eh?

Back
Top Bottom