Any Home Bakers Here?

This no-knead bread I've been making, Bakery Style Bread by @musikfan, is very much like a sourdough bread although it does use a very small amount of yeast (1/4 tsp. per 3 c flour). It bubbles up and gets all fermenty-like, and has a definite sourdough flavor, a coarse, open crumb and a dense, chewy texture. I do find it easy to digest and flavorful. I can't get enough of it, and it does not leave me feeling heavy and bloated as some breads do. I love it toasted with butter and nutritional yeast, or with cheese. It's also good as one of my favorite open-face sandwiches, natural peanut butter and Claussen dill pickle slices! :drool . I know what you're thinking, but don't knock it till you've tried it! :lau

Oh sorry, here's the recipe again:

PXL_20211203_155553774~2.jpg

ETA: I only let it rise about 4 or 5 hours in the oven with the light on, till very bubbly. Pour into preheated pan, you can't knead this!

Oh sorry, here's the recipe again:

View attachment 2922985
ETA: I only let it rise about 4 or 5 hours in the oven with the light on, till very bubbly. Pour into preheated pan, you can't knead this!

Its very wet isnt it. I added the extra cup of flour and its still wet. I dusted the top and bottom and reshaped it twice in the 5 hour rest time and about half an hour before I put it in the oven.
The yeast I have atm needs activating before you use it. So I added it to warm water with a bit of flour and sugar to get it going.
This time I didnt get as big bubbles, they were still there though.
The loaf looked better though.

Its very wet isnt it. I added the extra cup of flour and its still wet. I dusted the top and bottom and reshaped it twice in the 5 hour rest time and about half an hour before I put it in the oven.
The yeast I have atm needs activating before you use it. So I added it to warm water with a bit of flour and sugar to get it going.
This time I didnt get as big bubbles, they were still there though.
The loaf looked better though.
It is supposed to be VERY wet, even liquid. Trust it, it turns out okay. Don't add extra flour and you will get the big bubbles. You really have to pour it into the Dutch oven, don't try to handle it or knead it. Just dump it!

Back
Top Bottom