Any Home Bakers Here?

I too am excited!!
I would love you recipes I love trading them and I even have a cook notebook (with recipe cards) to put all the recipes I have. I collect local cookbooks from churches and benefits. I love them its like having peoples stories at my finger tips.

Here is the recipe I talked about. It says making bread in five minutes a day (and its true!!!)

recipe is made in a stand mixer.
3 cups warm water
1 1/2 tablespoons salt ( I use kosher or sea salt!!)
1 1/2 tablespoons yeast
6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Put water in mixer bowl ( i warm it up first to not drop the temp of the water down)
add salt (first before yeast I was shocked but went with it and it works and won't harm the yeast)
sprinkle the yeast over the water
measure out flour and dump it in the mixer

put mixer on slowest speed then turn it up to #2 or #3 just until is it all mixed and pulls away from the edge of the bowl

Let rest for 2 hours, ( i cover mine with a warm towel and I found the best place to put mine is in the microwave it is free of drafts and stays warm!!!)

When you are heating the oven place a pan that will hold water in while it heats up and just before you put the bread in put a few cups of water in the pan I use a 9x13
put bread in at 350 and bake for 60 minutes

best and easiest bread recipe to date!!!
Have you used any other flours with this recipe? Sounds awesome.

I bought an overflowing quart of strawberries at an Amish farm for $3, so I made strawberry cupcakes:
AAF01B74-DF6C-4FE2-A64A-728FEDE4DA3E.jpeg
2CC4DD3B-F677-4722-A347-69AF8EA0E16E.jpeg

812B293B-B82E-4892-BFC2-5EB74B9D16D3.jpeg

Ooh! I need to make a loaf of bread. I forgot. Funny since I just put the starter in the fridge an hour ago. :lol: It’s apparently going to be a long day.
While the drama of my life has intensified, not everything is bad. Duckling was easier to bake with, but the 10-y-o (friend’s DD) has her advantages. She will be learning to make peach pie this coming week. I have cheat bags*, so it won’t be too hard.
* I have two sizes of round heavy plastic bags with zippers. You roll the crust out inside, unzip, flip it into the pie pan, and peel off the other side. I admit to using it for easier pizza crusts.

Back
Top Bottom