Any Home Bakers Here?

I have the Artisan which in the down position is approximately 14" tall. It will easily fit under my cabinets that are approximately 17" above the counter.
I checked the cabinets in the corner. They are 16" above the counter. I wish they were higher, but so it is.
Kitchen Aide stand mixer is the very best you can own.

The Kitchen Aide hand mixer is my take for buying a hand mixer.
I have a KA hand mixer. It's a lightweight, cheap, ok mixer. Probably <$20 when I bought it 15 years ago. Still can't beat egg whites stiff.

Thanks for the input, everyone. I am (more) seriously thinking about a stand mixer now.

In other news, I made lentil soup yesterday. It calls for carrots, and the only ones I had were purple. I was worried about the color bleed making the soup look gross. They do darken it, but I thought it looked fine.

I would get a KA if I were to get one. @cavemanrich, can you measure how tall yours is, both in the "down" and "up" position and let me know? If it won't fit, then the questions are totally moot points. Thanks!
Don't want you to think I abandoned you :hugs :frow well and a little chuckle:gig

I measured mine, and they are same as R2elk posted measurements.
My bowl widths are 9 inches. The smaller one is just a little bit less.
My upper cabinets are at 18½ inches above the counter. I pull my mixer out away from the wall so that it clears easier when I tilt the head up. I also have counter space with no cabinets overhead.
I do not keep mine on the counter when not in use. Store on a rack in the pantry.
IMG_20221203_200121464_HDR.jpg

If you have standard counter heights and widths along with standard upper cabinet heights and widths, it will work for you.

I have the Artisan which in the down position is approximately 14" tall. It will easily fit under my cabinets that are approximately 17" above the counter.

At approximately 18" high in the up position, it will not interfere with the upper cabinets when pulled to the front of the counter. I keep mine set at the front of the counter.

It's base is approximately 9" wide by 13" long.

I do not keep mine on the counter when not in use. Store on a rack in the pantry.
Thanks, @cavemanrich. I was thinking if we get the pantry made out in the mudroom, like we're talking about, and have been for 20 years, haha, I might be able to store a stand mixer on a shelf out there. DH was saying it would be handy to have storage for the kitchen stuff I use less often.

I do have some counter space where the cupboards are higher, but its drawback is no outlets close by.

My best friend just got a KA stand mixer, which she's wanted for a long time. I'm a teensy bit jealous...

Back
Top Bottom