Any Home Bakers Here?

Late to the discussion, but I have the large Kitchen Aide mixer that lifts the bowl up to the beater, the head is fixed. It is about 16 1/2" tall. I really like it - it is more powerful that the 5 quart one that I had. Which I gave to my sister who really loves it. The older one is over 20 years and still working great - they make bread a lot with it.
I have and odd kitchen aide that I got refurbished from Amazon. It was originally one sold by costco and sams club.

It is powerful and quiet-- it has a DC motor instead of AC. The drawback is that it is hard to get some of the after marked beaters for it. The accessories work fine though.

I do know what happened. I was not receiving any mail from this
forum. Reached out to a member and now I am back on. What
happened? I do NOT KNOW. Aria

18729C53-3467-42EB-A1D1-A2DF27D0FFAB.jpeg

Oh! Hello, stranger! Where have you been?

(Wallace and Gromit joke.)

Just kidding. Glad to have you back. I was starting to wonder where you were.

Sometimes, when you get the email, and you don’t click on the view thread option, it does not send any more emails until you click view thread on that email.

That’s just my experience, though.

I do know what happened. I was not receiving any mail from this
forum. Reached out to a member and now I am back on. What
happened? I do NOT KNOW. Aria
If you miss an alert, you will not get any more alerts until after you catch up on the thread.

I never get any email alerts because I have that option turned off. I do occasionally miss an alert on a busy thread. I simply click on my watched threads list and get caught up that way.

I have and odd kitchen aide that I got refurbished from Amazon. It was originally one sold by costco and sams club.

It is powerful and quiet-- it has a DC motor instead of AC. The drawback is that it is hard to get some of the after marked beaters for it. The accessories work fine though.
You know we bought our dil a KA mixer at Costco and the next year I bought a special beater for it from a different store and it didn’t fit! This was at least 5 years ago. I had forgotten about that.

If you miss an alert, you will not get any more alerts until after you catch up on the thread.

I never get any email alerts because I have that option turned off. I do occasionally miss an alert on a busy thread. I simply click on my watched threads list and get caught up that way.
How do I get Watched threads List? There are no emails. And
the BYC Forum is GONE. Fine if you have a watched threads list...
I just cleaned all my email and had NONE.

I love King Author products. I love to bake also. I get pleasure out of making yeast breads the most but love baking cheese stuffed bread and poppy seed bread ( Makowiec ). I would love to share recipes and ideas.
Then you are in the right place! Welcome!

We also chat about fermenting stuff (sourdough, yogurt), making cheese, kitchen gear, what's going on in our lives in general, and other friendly chat. This is one of the nicest threads on BYC.

Back
Top Bottom