Any home brewers out there?

redsoxs

Crowing
8 Years
Jul 17, 2011
North Central Kansas
Talking about beer in this case. It's a fun little hobby and with a little practice you can turn out some tasty beverage!
droolin.gif
Be interested to hear your favorite styles and recipes.

want to be brewing grapes next year.Got a vine going so maybe...
fl.gif

once tried to make a co2 diffuser for an aquarium,smelled into the overflow bottle...smelled like moonshine....dared to take a sip....nearly killed me!!!
gig.gif

maybe next year beer from the mugwort I have.
idunno.gif

Last edited:
We brew in 40 gal batches. Mostly IPA, although we branched out and experimented with some fun stuff this summer... jalapeno cream ale, chocolate oatmeal stout, and chocolate chili stout.
We've also got 5 gal batches of fig wine and mead in the works. Fun stuff.

Quote:
Wow! you got at it in a big way! I usually only churn out 5 gallon batches. Big fan of the IPAs and ocacsionally a wheat - most recent was a batch called Redheaded CPA (cherry pale ale). How's the jalapeno cream ale? Sounds interesting! The chocolate chili stout sounds great!
droolin.gif

My DH is going to start brewing "craft beers" any moment. Just waiting for the right equipment. If anyone of you have some advice or tips for him we'd love to hear from you!

Absolutely love homebrewing. Started back in the mid 90's. Primarily an all grain brewer but with so many advances in kit beers, it's hard not to pick one up now and then. They have come a long ways.
Fav styles are Stouts/Porters but really I like em all.

DH wants to start with grains, been roasting barley and sprouting barley... He wants to do ales, stouts, old fashioned beers. Later some more interesting craft beers. Seen this program on TV, guy from DogFishHead Brewery making beers with the most extraordinary ingredients, got DH thinking. I'm just cheering him on this side, not a huge beer fan, but I like his ideas.
If he gets stuck can he (I) ask you questions?

DH is into craft beers, heavy porters and stouts. I have been thinking of getting him the equipment to begin brewing as a surprise. It's something he'll enjoy. Any advice on what to get, and what to stay away from?
smile.png

The only thing I like about fall is that the orchards have fresh un-pasturized cider which I can turn into cyser-ale.

I started home-brewing in the late 90's. Currently sitting on a couple of carboys of mead, raspberry wheat and a Labatt clone.

I need to have a bottling party!

Where do you live? I'll come help you bottle anytime! You can pay me in kind.
tongue.png

Want to do mead one day. Haven't been able do get some yet, but I hear it's amazing. I love cider, but DH is more into beer.
tongue.gif

But I'm with him, anything will be better than the mass produced stuff we get from the shop. He's going to do his own malting, etc.
I want to know how you brew pumpkin beer. Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom