Any hope?

clucknquack

Songster
6 Years
Nov 25, 2016
East Stroudsburg, PA
Due to unforeseen circumstances I was forced to do a staggered hatch in one incubator. I had 11 Welsh Harlequin eggs and 11 Muscovy eggs. The Harlequin eggs hatched out yesterday. They were horribly shrink wrapped and only 3 made it (with assistance).

Today is lock down day for the Muscovy eggs. I've made sure the humidity is up to hopefully avoid any more shrink wrap issues. But is the damage already done?

I candled them quickly before committing to lock down. I only saw movement in 1 out of the 11. In the others I could clearly see a duckling taking up most of the egg, but no movement.

Have they already passed from the earlier humidity issues or are they just resting while they prepare to hatch?

What are your honest opinions and experiences? Please!

Thanks!

In my experience, I've never seen movement when I candle. There is always hope. I had 3 out of 6 shipped hatching eggs hatch after I was in a horrible car accident with them. There is always hope but do not expect a high hatch rate :/

I'll be happy with one or two, though all of them would be best!

They were all moving and kicking around 3 days ago. Hopefully they are just resting or too big for me to see any movement before they pip!

Thanks for the encouragement!

well, all the Muscovy eggs were dead. The incubator was starting to smell, so I decided to crack them all open and do an egg topsy. They were beautiful fully formed chicks that never absorbed the yolk. My guess is they got messed up with the humidity problems I was having. I was lucky to have the three Welsh Harlequin hatch. At least they are cute and doing well.

sorry to hear that they didnt make it :hugs there are tons of reasons why they may not have made it

congrats on the 3 'lings
:pop pictures?? we all love baby pics!

IMG_20170827_183122.jpg
IMG_20170828_093237.jpg

Their names are Harley Quinn, poison Ivy, and joker. Not very original but, couldn't resist.

Back
Top Bottom