Any idea on the breed(s)?

Dizzywitch

Songster
5 Years
Jul 12, 2014
Utah
These two little girls (I hope) were part of a senior prank at school today. I have a broody I can't break so I offered to bring them home. My Jersey Giant took them right in! Anyway...
Originally I was thinking buff orp but after looking at pictures and noticing the stripes on one of them, I'm wondering... Any help you can offer would be great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 16
Could be RSL, but that's a lot of white in feather growth, and too pale in chick down, and the stripes are not typical...although RSL's can start with white wing tips while the red-gold comes in later.

They've only got juvenile feathers and have lost a lot of the chick down, so you may have to wait until more mature feathers come in. It can be hard to tell after the chick down phase and before the adult feathers come in.

Since this was a prank, they could be anything including mix breeds from someone's backyard/farm flock.

If from a farm store, there are a lot of options as well.

Time will tell.
LofMc

I recently got RSL, and they had those same 2 stripes down their back, and their first set of feathers came in very white. They are now getting their red feathering. That's my vote!

I suggest the wait and see approach, too young now. Please post new photos once they are fully feathered in. Broody mama is lovely.

Back
Top Bottom