Any idea what Breed this is?

Michelle_Mel

Chirping
Nov 22, 2020
Northern Massachusetts
The last 2 sets of chicks that I purchased from Tractor Supply were supposedly sexed yet half turned out to be roosters both times, ugh. This time I played it ”safe” and purchased black sex links. Lo and behold…a rooster. I can’t win, lol. I’m hoping we can keep this one and wondered if anyone had any idea what breed he is?

Attachments

• IMG_1138.jpeg
    IMG_1138.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1139.jpeg
    IMG_1139.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1136.jpeg
    IMG_1136.jpeg
    981.8 KB · Views: 23
Silver or gold laced mix. Black sex links can be sexed visual very quickly the males will have a white stripe/dot on the head and the females will be all black. I ended up with a BSL roo to and I still kick myself for it to this day lol.

Yes, quite common to end up with a Roo among “pullets”. Consider 98%ish sexing rate. At least 2 or so out of every 100 will still end up being Roos. I did snag a NOT pullet Silver laces Wyandotte rooster that way 😂

Silver or gold laced mix. Black sex links can be sexed visual very quickly the males will have a white stripe/dot on the head and the females will be all black. I ended up with a BSL roo to and I still kick myself for it to this day lol.
That’s possible. He looks like a mix of a few breeds, lol. He was completely black as a chick and in the Black sex link bin. Somebody along the way must have mixed him in. He’s getting more interesting looking as he gets older. I think his name shall be Mystery :)

Back
Top Bottom