Any idea what breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by madamchloe22, Aug 31, 2013.

1. madamchloe22

madamchloe22 New Egg

Aug 31, 2013
    [​IMG]
    We just got this lady last week and I've not been able to figure out what breed she is. Any ideas??

2. countrygoddess

countrygoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Easter Egger

Curious, though... how old is she? If she's just a pullet and hasn't started laying yet, then I'm suspicious you have a cockerel there.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Looks like an EE cockerel to me. [​IMG]

4. madamchloe22

madamchloe22 New Egg

Aug 31, 2013
    Nooo!! I hope she's a she. I'm not sure how old; definitely hasn't started laying yet. We were told she was a pullet... Got HER with 2 others a week ago and they're all about 3/4 size of our full-sized ladies. This one has extra feathery cheeks...does that signify anything? SHE (I'm hoping because I can't keep a roo in the city) did try to sort of mount one of our smaller bantams, but I assumed that was just a regular chicken pecking order thing. Only happened the one time as far as I know.

5. viktoriacl

viktoriacl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    EE Boy. White and black in an EE is always a boy I believe. Neck feathers look kind of pointy too.

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    That is absolutely a male bird. If it was sold to you as a female you need to contact the seller and see about getting your money back. He was obviously a male last week, also, and the seller may well have known that.

7. countrygoddess

countrygoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

x2

8. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    Its a male. Easter egged male rooster.

9. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    It is clearly an Easter Egger cockerel. The comb is red and prominent, the hackle feathers are long and pointed, the breast is black, and there are patches of red on the wing--those are all typical characteristics of a male Easter Egger.

10. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

As sad and unscrupulous as it sounds, we get posts everyday of sellers knowingly dumping their cockerels onto new buyers under false pretenses. They do it because they can and they hope to get away with it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by