Any idea what breed?

madamchloe22

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 31, 2013

We just got this lady last week and I've not been able to figure out what breed she is. Any ideas??

Nooo!! I hope she's a she. I'm not sure how old; definitely hasn't started laying yet. We were told she was a pullet... Got HER with 2 others a week ago and they're all about 3/4 size of our full-sized ladies. This one has extra feathery cheeks...does that signify anything? SHE (I'm hoping because I can't keep a roo in the city) did try to sort of mount one of our smaller bantams, but I assumed that was just a regular chicken pecking order thing. Only happened the one time as far as I know.

EE Boy. White and black in an EE is always a boy I believe. Neck feathers look kind of pointy too.

That is absolutely a male bird. If it was sold to you as a female you need to contact the seller and see about getting your money back. He was obviously a male last week, also, and the seller may well have known that.

It is clearly an Easter Egger cockerel. The comb is red and prominent, the hackle feathers are long and pointed, the breast is black, and there are patches of red on the wing--those are all typical characteristics of a male Easter Egger.

Back
Top Bottom