Any idea what breeds these could be??

kuhnse51

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 19, 2014
I just received my Leann's adopt bargain from Meyer this morning. I have no idea what breeds these could be, I'm pretty new to chickens. I have a total of 27 chicks with I think 11 different breeds.
A.
This one is light brown with some patches. It has light feet with grayish (4) toes.
B.
This one has a freckled back with gray feet (4 toes)
C.
This one is light yellow with a black upside v on its back. It has feathered legs and 5 toes.
D.
This one is reddish brown with a few dark brown/black spots on its head and back. It has yellow feet and 4 toes.
E.
This one has a dark brown stripe with light brown stripes on the sides. It has yellow feet and 4 toes.
F.
This one looks similar to the last but has darker lines and more of cream colored lines on the side. It also has 5 toes instead of 4.
G.
This one is dark brown with a copper face and has feathered feet. (4 toes)
H.
This one is a little yellow fluff ball with feathered feet and 5 toes
I.
This one is mostly dark brown with some barely noticeable lighter brown patches/markings and brown legs. (4 toes)
J.
This one is cool lookings with a dark brown speckled face and a dark line down its back. It has black legs and 4 toes.
K.
These are yellowish with some gray and dark gray on the back and head. They have feathered feet and 4 toes.

I think thats all of the different ones. Any clues to what they might be would be a lot of help. I'm thinking some of the striped ones might be dorkings and the all yellow one a faverolle? But they are total guesses. I would really love to know what J is.

Thanks for the replies! That was my guess with H, that was one of the few where I could narrow it down to a couple breeds only. I guess I'll just have to wait for most of them to feather out to make more guesses :/

C and H are probably Faverolles. D could be any of several red breeds, like the Production Red, Rhode Island Red, and New Hampshire Red. G looks like a Buff Brahma. E and F could be Welsummers, Speckled Sussex, or Light Brown Leghorn. I looks a bit like a Partridge Rock.

Other than that, I'm not sure. You should be able to tell as they get older.

C and H are probably Faverolles. D could be any of several red breeds, like the Production Red, Rhode Island Red, and New Hampshire Red. G looks like a Buff Brahma. E and F could be Welsummers, Speckled Sussex, or Light Brown Leghorn. I looks a bit like a Partridge Rock.

Other than that, I'm not sure. You should be able to tell as they get older.
I agree with these guesses.

Does anyone think J could be a turkey? I did ask for them to throw one in so I'm thinking its a possibility.

Does anyone think J could be a turkey? I did ask for them to throw one in so I'm thinking its a possibility.

maybe 1 is a turkey? I know nothing of them so, probably not.

B. Looks like a Silver Spangled Hamburg or Silver Sebright
E. Looks like an old english, could be an easter egger.
G. Looks like a Mille fleur cochin
J. Looks like a wyandotte of sorts.

doesnt look like any silkies, none of them have dark skin. If they are silkies, they arent pure. Your suspects are C., H., and K.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom