Any idea what color she might turn out?

aurinia

Chirping
Apr 25, 2015
Upstate NY
So I picked up my 6 EE's this afternoon. They're about a week old. 3 are various shades of yellow/buff with spots on their heads, greenish legs and the feathers coming in on their wings look to be partridge-type color. One is white with a few tiny black spots on her head. 1 looks similar to the 1st 3 only much more gray/tan. Then there's this little girl. I think she's just gorgeous but can't figure out what color she might end up. Any ideas? She's almost a dark charcoal gray, light cheeks and has amazingly cute eyeliner. She's small but appears to be friendly and lets me pick her up without complaint. Then tries to climb back on my hand when I try and put her down. Lol. Anyway, was just curious if anyone had a clue what color she'll be since she's so different-looking than the others. (She's the one on the left in the group pic).

Very cute! Her eyeliner makes her look like Cleopatra! She looks similar to my Columbian Wyandotte as a chick, who is now white with black neck feathers. Except yours definitely has more gray than yellow/white.

Thanks! I looked up pics of Columbian Wyandotte chicks and she does look similar but the woman I got her from doesn't have any Columbians (she does have SLW and GLW, tho). Not sure if it matters, but even tho she's one of the smallest, she's the most feathered out already and is the only one who has any tail feathers yet. The feathers she's got are coming in dark gray/black with some barely edged in silver. I'll see if I can get a better pic later today.

Back
Top Bottom