Any idea what could be wrong?

@mviera101,

When heading to the vet bring a stool sample with you. To save multiple charges for samples from each chicken gather fresh droppings from everyone, mix them in a zippy bag and have them test that. You will get a read on parasite load for the whole flock that way with one fee.

Given this bird is pooping green perhaps bring a second sample of just hers....do have hers also in the mixed bag. It may help them to see the color of hers separately.

Thank you again for that great advice.
Vet took blood, and poop sample ,just hers I just saw your suggestion. It seems there is no parasite and am waiting on CBC results. He gave her a shot of Clindamycin and caplets , 2 a day for 10 days. Thankfully he gave me a syringe and feeding tube. She perked up quite a bit after her shot and was out of her box walking around, eating (soft mash) and drinking water when we got home.
Vet suspects possible egg peritonitis, being that she's at the end of her egg laying.
I sure hope not, she's a great gal and obviously I'd hate all this to be for nothing.
Thank you again for your advice.

Back
Top Bottom