Any Ideas/Advice? Lethargic Chicken!

CrazyChickenLady227

In the Brooder
Jul 15, 2023
EDIT: Turns out she has wry neck, thank goodness it's nothing horribly wrong! She's drinking and eating and has had some medicines to help with the wry neck. Thank you all for your informative comments!!! Stay safe!
(P.S Thank you all very much for your help! I was horribly worried about her! Never had a chicken with wry neck so I'm going to do some research on that, have a great day!)

Last edited:
How hot is it where you live? Are her wings drooping? is she panting a bunch? These Could be signs of heatstroke / dehydration, although I’m not an expert so that’s really the only advice I could give you. Just saw the update good that you brought her inside if heat is causing the issue!

How hot is it where you live? Are her wings drooping? is she panting a bunch? These Could be signs of heatstroke / dehydration, although I’m not an expert so that’s really the only advice I could give you. Just saw the update good that you brought her inside if heat is causing the issue!
The temperature is currently 87º. She isn't panting but her wings are drooping, yet she acts like she cannot walk, use her wings, etc. Thank you for your comment! I do think she is dehydrated, yes.

When did she last lay an egg? Did she ever lay eggs without shell? Could she have trouble passing a shell-less egg?
Did you inspect her for lice snd mites already?
And when did you last deworm her?

When did she last lay an egg? Did she ever lay eggs without shell? Could she have trouble passing a shell-less egg?
Did you inspect her for lice snd mites already?
And when did you last deworm her?
She just laid an egg around yesterday. She hasn't laid eggs without shell ever and I doubt she's having trouble passing a shell-less egg because she's never did so before. I've inspected her for mites and lice, she's clean. And she was just dewormed not to long ago. Thank you for your comment!

Do you have a rooster that might have hurt her mating?

In any case, keep her hydrated as the actual heat wave can make them dizzy and they will not drink enough.

Back
Top Bottom