Please help dying hen!

Pics
May 16, 2021
Hello we have a hen Im assuming she’s about 8 years old she has not been eating or drinking. She seems very weak and keeps her self isolated from the flock usually in a corner I’ve noticed she has poop glued into her cloaca. How can I help her she seems like she is dying. How can I help her?!! Background info( she had in assuming wry neck before we started feeding her vitamins E tablets which I’m assuming cleared. Currently she is really lethargic? Does she worms? Is it from old age? If you know her here condition please tell me!

The lifespan of a chicken is between 5-10yrs on average.
Her symptoms sounds like common dying process. Messy butt isn't common, but may occur.

Can you get pictures of your hen?
Yes I will be sure to take a picture of her as soon as I’m done with my work. That’s a shame especially because 2 of my other hens are the same age as her and seem to be perfectly fine and healthy.

Attachments

• IMG_4365.jpeg
    IMG_4365.jpeg
    695.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4363.jpeg
    IMG_4363.jpeg
    696.7 KB · Views: 57
I went to TSC looking for nutri drench but sadly they didn’t have any. I found her like this on the ground .so I gave her a warm bath. Dried her toweled her near the sunlight
If she's dying she doesn't need extra nutrients, he body is shutting down.

If she's dying she doesn't need extra nutrients, he body is shutting
Hello we have a hen Im assuming she’s about 8 years old she has not been eating or drinking. She seems very weak and keeps her self isolated from the flock usually in a corner I’ve noticed she has poop glued into her cloaca. How can I help her she seems like she is dying. How can I help her?!! Background info( she had in assuming wry neck before we started feeding her vitamins E tablets which I’m assuming cleared. Currently she is really lethargic? Does she worms? Is it from old age? If you know her here condition please tell me!
It’s a shame she is dying she is very human affectionate. She was a sweet girl. I still have core memories of her.

Back
Top Bottom