Any ideas on breed and gender?

I’m still learning with mine too!😉 She is very sweet but a bit flighty! I also have a silver spangled Hamburg hen (named Wolfie (I did not name her🤪) ! Wolfie didn’t used to be as sweet as Maple is and was actually flightier (but now she’s calmer and nice)! Here’s my Maple sleeping with Wesley-View attachment 2836896(she is the biggest sleeper in the world!🤪)
They're so pretty! How old are yours?

And guess what! They could be related!😁 I also ordered from Murray McMurray!🤣🤣
Hey, they might be cousins! Did you order yours on purpose? Mine was the "surprise freebie." I call my little guy Leppo, because he looked like leopard print as a baby and I couldn't figure out anything about the breed or sex. It's a dumb name, but it stuck. Haha

Hey, they might be cousins! Did you order yours on purpose? Mine was the "surprise freebie." I call my little guy Leppo, because he looked like leopard print as a baby and I couldn't figure out anything about the breed or sex. It's a dumb name, but it stuck. Haha
Yeah we did!😉 To go with our silver spangled Hamburg (who was a “surprise freebie”). I like his name!❤️ This is our silver spangled Hamburg (sorry the picture is so bad! It’s a screenshot of a video where she’s running🤣)-
60152EAF-D3C8-4CCB-BF1C-982353886273.png

Yeah we did!😉 To go with our silver spangled Hamburg (who was a “surprise freebie”). I like his name!❤️ This is our silver spangled Hamburg (sorry the picture is so bad! It’s a screenshot of a video where she’s running🤣)-View attachment 2836948
How pretty! How many chickens do you have total, and what is your rooster to hen ratio? I'm worried about having three roosters with 19 hens.

How pretty! How many chickens do you have total, and what is your rooster to hen ratio? I'm worried about having three roosters with 19 hens.
Thank you!❤️ We have about 65 chickens (10 of which are in a separate “polish only” coop) 5 of them are cockerels. We will try to keep 3 but we’ll see.🤪 So that would be 3 roosters for 50 hens!😉

Thank you!❤️ We have about 65 chickens (10 of which are in a separate “polish only” coop) 5 of them are cockerels. We will try to keep 3 but we’ll see.🤪 So that would be 3 roosters for 50 hens!😉
I think I need to get more hens! I ordered four sexed barred rocks because that was my favorite breed in my last flock, and two of them turned out to be roosters! And they are a little wild, but they're not mean yet, so we'll see what happens...and then my little Leppo Hamburg is apparently a boy. I've got one cochin who is questionable (its comb is a lot redder than the others), but it acts like a big puppy. I can pick him/her up almost as easily as the polishes. This is my first time with cochins, and they're turning out to be my favorites of all the breeds I've ever had, so if any of my roosters have to go, it'll be the barred rocks. The cochins are just so sweet and cuddly.

Back
Top Bottom