Any ideas on where I can donate...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JenniferJoIN, Apr 4, 2008.

1. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    I travel a lot, therefore I have a lot of hotel-sized shampoos, conditioners, lotions, soaps and hair caps. Does anyone know of somewhere I could donate this stuff? Otherwise I'll just throw it away.

2. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Are there any homeless shelters nearby? Maybe you could take some there. [​IMG]

3. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    How about a womems or mens shelter, many cities have them for the homeless.

4. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    senior centers might like them too.

or their is alwyas freecycle.

5. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    NY
    ALL THOSE IDAEA ARE GREAT,

When I have extra stuff like that I seperate it into zip lock baggies and take them to the Salvation ARMY Store
    Because that is all I have near me.

BUT The last 2 summers I had extra Squash from the garden so On the stores Senior discount day I took a box full and wrote a sign that said 1 FREE Squash per Person, ANd I loved seeing the Old folks pick one out.
    No one in the Store saw me and all the squash were gone in a half hour FUN.

6. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    It is fun, if we were to all sit back and realize just how fortunate we are and what we could do to help those that have less than we do, we could all see how our help really puts a smile of folks face.

7. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    our local food pantry is also a second hand store.i take all the books i read there (i read way to much)and they let me bring my extra veggies or fruit in.Its all free to whom ever wants it so thats good.i singed up for this http://www.humeseeds.com/free1.htm and they sent me a seed packet of carrots to plant.So this will go plus extras to the food pantry.[​IMG]

8. OurLittleFarm

OurLittleFarm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2008
    South Western PA
    You could also check to see if your local YMCA has a youth shelter. Ours is always look for hygene stuff. You could also see if one of the organizations that sends stuff to the troops could use it.

9. K&H Chicken Farm

K&H Chicken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    Our troops over seas are looking for these in there care boxes. Get ahold of local recruter office and they would know where to send them/ who to call.

10. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Those are all great ideas! It's a win-win. You feel good for helping, and the shelters and those in need get the things they'd rather not have to spend good money on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by