Any Ideas or to Early to tell?

RCS

Hatching
11 Years
Sep 5, 2008
As a complete novice, I was hoping some of you experts could shed some light on anything really with regards to these 3 chicks. I got hold of some fertilised eggs and put them under a broody bantam we have. 4 of the 6 hatched but only 3 have survived. The eggs were apparently light sussex x. They are probably too young to tell.

These photos were taken at 12 days old.

Thank you

15400_chicks3_small.jpg

15400_chicks4_small.jpg

15400_chicks2_small.jpg

15400_chicks1_small.jpg

Yeah, too young to tell, but I'm gonna guess by attitude and little comb, smaller feathers, so I'm gonna go out on a limb here - that little gray/blue one looks like a rooster boy to me!! He's got the stuff! I gotta guess, and I have a 50% chance of being right too!
big_smile.png

Time will tell!!

Tina/tfpets

Thank you for your ideas so far, just shows what a novice I really am.

I think the mum is a aracuana x bantam, I probably am wrong though!

15400_chicks5_small.jpg

These three are now 5 weeks old, is that still too early to tell? They spend a lot of their time fighting (mainly the two yellow ones). The black one seems a little more placid. Mum has done a great job, even attacking our little fox terrier when he got too close. Hoping I don't have three roosters!

15400_dsc00217.jpg

15400_dsc00219.jpg

Patience, Grasshopper... Let them get a little bit older, or wait until one of them wakes you up by crowing at 4 AM one day.

Back
Top Bottom