Any ideas what breed he has in him?

When I lived on Guam there were a lot of mixed breeds around, everyone called them boonie mutts. I brought one back to the states with me, but before I left I asked a local what a boonie mutt was in the Chamorro language. Don't know how to spell it, but it sounded like Del-ah-goo Boo-nay. So that's what I told everyone my dog was
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Saw pix of his mom, she looked like a pit cross. GSD in backround would not surprise me. Hound doesn't surprise me altho he barks nothing like a hound. Pix doesn't do him justice but he is real thick through neck and shoulders. Has gate of Rott.

You can get some odd stuff when you cross breeds as genetic testing is proving. Plus some pups don't look anything like their adult version. Probably over 100 people commented on my puppy. Out of those probably 90% asked if she was a lab. The other 10% thought she was an odd colored malamute.

One curly tailed white footed lab
DSC00213.jpg

turns in to a registered akita
wink.png

SANY1891.jpg

Example 2:

A supposed shepherd x chow who should get huge:
SANY1623.jpg

turns out to be a 30lb sesame shiba x husky
SANY1748.jpg

Now if only I had pics of the puppy my mom got. Listed as a rott x at the shelter and everyone, including my dog class instructor, swore up and down he was a rott due to his black and tan markings. He grew up to absolutely match every pic online of a bernese mountain dog. Yep long coated, long tailed, white chested and white streaked face rottweiler. Even then some idiot at this privately owned lake my mom has a lot on would not concede that he wasn't a rottweiler and since rotts were banned at the lake kept threatening to shoot him.
roll.png

You really can't tell just what you do have until it's grown and even then you still may spend the dog's entire lifespan guessing and getting a different answer from every person you talk to or who sees the dog's picture. It doesn't matter how much dog experience they do or don't have. I've found they'll see whatever breed they have just enough experience with to form a mental picture but not enough experience to know what doesn't make up that breed.

I am beginning to think dad was a redbone. When I google redbone, he looks like the pups and looks like he is developing into one. I know mom wasn't, again no idea on dad. So if anyone has pictures of their redbone at different stages, I'd love to see them. Any antidotes about what to expect would also be appreciated.

Here he is at almost 7 months old. Any guesses? No his eyes don't always glow--iphone picture w/fool running it.........
cool.png

1776_dufus_001.jpg

1776_dufus_004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom