Any ideas what is taking my hens?

I had 28 hens 8 of those were pullets just starting to lay. One day 5 birds disappeared. Everyday since it has been 2 birds a day. There are no signs of digging in. The whole bird will be gone. We have found places on our 12 acres of where a chicken was eaten. Only a few feathers are left. Whatever it is has decimated my flock. It has taken only my youngest birds which were my replacements for some of the older hens that are 4 yrs old. My hens are traumatized. Any ideas? I am currently in process of putting netting over their run which is pretty good size. About 50' x50'.

That is what I have started doing. My husband saw a Bobcat trying to get in their house last night. My rooster had a damage to his wattles on one side and he was kinda limping, I think he will be ok though.

My husband last night saw a Bobcat trying to get in their house. He made a noise at it and it looked @ him. He went to get the gun, came back and it was gone. We had a Coyote @ our front gate also. He fired the gun and it ran away.

Back
Top Bottom