1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any ideas

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by chickschool, Oct 9, 2011.

1. chickschool

chickschool Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    Traverse City, MI
    Does anyone know what the two ducks in the front might be?

[​IMG]

2. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    indian runners

3. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    The one on the right is a very poorly marked fawn and white runner.
    From the stance, I'd say the other one is a runner as well, most likely crossed with something else.

4. chickschool

Mar 5, 2011
    Traverse City, MI
    I was thinking runner - mix as well. They belong to a co-worker and she sent me the picture of the Pekin as I'm adopting him but she wasn't sure about the other two so I thought I'd post it for her. Thanks

5. chickschool

Mar 5, 2011
    Traverse City, MI
    Does anyone think they are drakes? They are suppose to be about 10 months old.

6. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Quote:They would have drake curls by now if they are male or be laying if female. Can't really tell the tails from the pic.

7. chickschool

Mar 5, 2011
    Traverse City, MI
    Yea, I can't see either. I think I'll ask her to get a better picture of their tails. BYW if anyone is near Traverse City Michigan...my co-worker is looking for homes for the two. Her husband said if she didn't get rid of them he was going to use them to train his dogs! I doubt he will but just the thought makes me crazy.

8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:What a terrible thing to say to some ones wife. I hope she can find homes for them, I think they are pretty.

9. chickschool

Mar 5, 2011
    Traverse City, MI
    Not that I want to but if all else fails I will take them until I can fine them a home. If they do turn out to be female it will be easier. Ever since I got ducks last spring I've been sharing their eggs with others and now they are hooked! It's weird how people think because they come from ducks they wouldn't be used for human consumption (I hate to admit that I once thought the same thing) but since they've tried them, in particular with baking, they can't get enough.

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:I hope they are girls sounds like they would have a great home with you. She should be able to tell you just by looking at their feathers down by the end of their tails. if boy they will curl up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by