Any knowledgeable duck lovers in the Charlotte, NC area?

FenDruadin

Crowing
10 Years
Jul 30, 2009
Charlotte, NC Area
Any knowledgeable duck lovers in the Charlotte, NC area? I have an excess of Indian Runner ducklings due to people not picking up their orders and also a miscalculation on my part. I am running a couple businesses from home and also raising three children and I'm running out of pens, so I don't want to raise any more ducklings right now. I also have some juvenile black magpie drakes from Holderread as well as potentially some adult Runner drakes and some several-weeks-old ducks available. Variety of ages (including newly hatched and more expected in another week), variety of colors including black, blue, fawn/white, and tuxedo blue (which is a non-standard but gorgeous color resulting from crossing black or blue with fawn/white).

I don't want to sell them on craigslist for cheap for several reasons, but I do want to find them new homes. So I wanted to see if there were anyone on these boards who is knowledgeable about ducks and would be interested in a special deal on ducklings and/or drakes. I am NOT giving them away free--I just think that's bad practice--but I am offering significant discounts from my standard $5 price, especially if you're interested in a half dozen or more.

If you are interested, please PM me with your specific interests and I'll send you pricing and answer any questions you have. I will be checking your posting history on these boards so I can feel comfortable that the ducks will go to a good home. If you are new or haven't posted much, please include a brief description of the life the ducks could expect in your home.

Thanks!

Awww. Thanks for that. I just got your email--I'm glad to hear your babies are doing fine & thanks for the referral! Can't wait to see pics of your ducks when they're feathered.
smile.png

Arrrrghhhh!!!
th.gif

Why do YOU all have to be so far away? Charlotte is a lovely city. I don't know why you'd want to live somewhere else.
he.gif

Oh well. I still have ducks ducks ducks ducks ducks but I'm sure they'll find homes eventually and they are super cute. Some of them are going to a friend today, so that will help some. But I still need more owners!

Anyone?
big_smile.png

I will ask around for you too. It's not beyond me to drive to Charlotte. I've driven to Indian Trail 3 times to adopt from CWR. I love runners. I have 2 and wish I had room for more. Will try to help you.

Sorry to hear about this Heather!

I'd be interested in some of them. We've been busy building new breeding pens (when it's not raining) and I have quite a bit of room right now. Send me a list to my email when you get a chance.

And since I'm going to be traveling the 85, I can make a duck train delivery to ScaredOfShadows

Tony

Awwww... Thanks, guys.
smile.png
I may have overstated my case a bit--I actually CAN manage what I have--it's not so desperate that I need to contact a rescue.
lol.png
I just crack myself up sometimes and even if nobody else thinks it's funny, I amuse myself by pretending desperation.
tongue.png

In fact, I recently adopted a goose from Carolina Waterfowl Rescue.
big_smile.png
They are good folks although--oh my goodness--I got there at the appointed time to pick up my goose and didn't leave for two and a half hours. They are all-volunteer run and the woman who was supposed to meet me is, understandably, more concerned about birds than people, so although she is VERY good with the animals, and friendly enough with people, I don't think anyone was all that concerned about the three human young who were hungry and thirsty and dusty and hot and cranky while we waited, lol. I've worked with rescues before, though, so I know how it is, and I will probably adopt from them again at some point.

Anyway--like I said, I can manage what I have, and they WILL have a good home here for as long as they need it. I just have a lot going on right now and it would be a relief to have a few fewer responsibilities. I have NOT put more eggs in the bator since demand died off, and I won't until I get a sense that demand is picking up again AND I have plenty of space for any "extras," so once the current batch of 20 is hatched (oops--plus the seven my broody is sitting on), that will be it for excess for the season, I HOPE. LOL

I do love them all very much, and they are all still well-cared-for and there is enough space for them all to be comfortable enough until they find homes.

BUT, that all being said, I am incredibly grateful for any offers of help. Thanks, chickensioux--I really appreciate that. And PriceFamilyFarms--I will be emailing you. You can pick up eggs while you're here too, so you can fill your incubators until you run out of room for all the ducks!!!! LOL You have more space than I, though, so it may not be a problem for you--I only have an acre, and it's city so I have neighbor concerns too. Fortunately, I have VERY SUPER nice neighbors, but I don't want to test their patience, lol!

Thank you all SOOO much for the help.

Back
Top Bottom