Any Metalheads out there?

Quote:
Ummm... I was at harpo's in '95 for Type o Also
wink.png

WOW! What a coincendince. He's kinda creepy looking
tongue.png

Who me or Peter Steele?

^ As far as metal goes... oh yeah... but George gives him a run for his money for Country.

Of course... there are the other 'rumors' about Peter... that kinda tips the scales.

DH and Company saw them in Dallas... oh geez must have been 98 give or take a year or two... loved it, but some of the crowd was really freaky. Didn't have near as much fun as when they went to In Flames... he was partially deaf for three days after that one.

I seen Type O Negative in '95 I think in Shreveport LA with Ozzy and Sepultura. Talk about a show!!!!!! I have another concert coming up July 20th in St Louis. It's the Mayhem Festival
woot.gif
. I'm super excited even though I've seen most all the bands already.

NIN new years eve show
th.gif

It was awesome.. piggy and march of of the pigs just about killed everybody in the mosh pit.

Superjoint Ritual was my last mosh pit. I realized I couldn't throw punches for 2 hours like I used to when I was in my 20's. I just focused on surviving and keeping my consciousness for as long as I could. ended up getting tossed out of harpos that night tho.
hit.gif

I'm small and when I was a teenager I was bone-thin (about 5'2" and only weighed about 90 lbs) so I always stayed out of mosh pits.

I worked at a horse camp in high school and the other counselors and I were all into metal/hard rock/alternative/Goth so we regularly went to concerts together.

Never got tossed out of somewhere although I did go with a group to an Everclear/Fastball/Marcy Playground concert at St. Andrews (a different group of friends) and since I was used to being among a different kind of people I, of course, was decked out in leather, steel toed boots, a Noir Leather t-shirt with sleeves cut off, wallet chain, 4 inch knife (this WAS Detroit after all) and when the bouncers began patting people down and confiscating things like chains and knives, I realized I better do something with mine. I borrowed friend's car keys to stash the contraband in her van. This group of friends was terrified to let me walk from St. Andrews to the parking lot on my own despite the fact that I was well-armed. No one volunteered to go with me though. I walked alone there and back without incident but had to get back in line again. While I was waiting by myself in line, rather bored, Everclear came by, passed out some bumper stickers, autographed pictures and t-shirts to a few random people in line. I was one who got a bumper sticker. When I met up with my friends, one of the guys was extremely jealous that I got one and he didn't, "Yeah, well, NO ONE wanted to go with me." After the concert we did get kicked out of a Taco Bell though. It was on my truck when I sold it
smile.png

We also got lost going to that concert after taking a "shortcut" from a backseat driver. 12 18-yr-old suburban kids in a minivan in a bad area of Detroit ... I'm surprised we made it out alive.

Quote:
at the superjoint ritual concert, some tool had a cast on his right arm. He was busting folks with a solid right to the face and knocked 3 dudes out cold before he tried to lay me out. Fortunately, unfortunately depending on your POV, he broke his left arm that night, and although I had a cut over my eye and a bloody nose, I feel that I survived the pit. Not one of my prouder moments, but even moshing to pantera and white zombie, I never had somebody throwing punches like that, just body checks and head butts. Dude got what was coming to him.

Quote:
I grew up next door to chuck from Death *RIP, we went to the same bus stop lol

big_smile.png
No way
big_smile.png
thats very cool yes RIP a very sad day for metal but never forgotten
brilliant song writter and a master guitarist i never got my chance to see him play live
but still even now hes as great and as alive as ever..
big_smile.png
thats awesome nest door..

Back
Top Bottom