Any new ideas on what the heck this is?

I don't see Brahma in it since it has a single comb and no feathering on the legs. I would lean more towards a colombian Rock cross. She's definitely a lovely bird.

Could it be a Wyandot? My friend has a bird that looks like that. Here's is only black and white (no brown) with a single comb just like that one. I heard that wyandot's can have several different kinds of coloring to them. Definitely pullet by the way.

Quote:
Well, I had 2 that didn't look like anything. One we decided was supposed to be a speckled Sussex, but was actually a SS mix. That's sort of understandable if it came from a Sussex egg, but another roo snuck into that pen. It had a pea/straight comb cross, but did start looking more like a SS as it got older. That one got killed by a predator, saved me the trouble of culling/eating as he was definitely a boy! I was also short a Dark Cornish, but there is no way this bird looks even part Cornish! lol. The SS and Dark Cornish were all chipmunky striped type chick, so was this one, but even then it didn't look like either of the 2 different chipmunky type ones I had.

Last edited:
That is the very rare and elusive calico wyandotte........
lau.gif
But in all seriousness she is absolutely beautiful. Cheers to their mistake!

Beautiful coloring!

I don't know about gender though... I'd like to cast my vote for roo based on the tail feathers. Those in the saddle area look more pointy than round to me.

Back
Top Bottom