Any New Zealanders?

Tauranga here
wee.gif

I'm on the North Shore. I've just got four Brown Shavers on New Years Eve. They're about 8 weeks old. I'm just learning all about chucks and loving every minute of my girls.

Quote:
I've got 6 Chickens, 2 red shavers, 1 orpington and 3 baby chicks that hatched last saturday (unsexed) fairly new to looking after chooks. We moved from auckland down here last october.

I'm on the North Shore. I've just got four Brown Shavers on New Years Eve. They're about 8 weeks old. I'm just learning all about chucks and loving every minute of my girls.

i'm just learning about chooks too, i'm getting more and more addicted to them
D.gif

I have 2 red shavers myself - i've found them to be great layers
yesss.gif

I've got 6 Chickens, 2 red shavers, 1 orpington and 3 baby chicks that hatched last saturday (unsexed) fairly new to looking after chooks. We moved from auckland down here last october.

I live near New Plymouth. I've got myself a little orpington too (my profile pic).
I can't wait till (hopefully) 1 of my 8 eggs hatch, it's soooooo exciting, i've never had such young chooks before
jumpy.gif
. I have them sitting under 2 broody hens in the main coop, it's a little nerve racking as i know the non-broody hens often push the broody girls off to lay their own eggs, but i'm still a little hopeful of getting 1 or 2 chicks (hopefully at least 2) out of the clutch.
However, I've just set up a incubator that I'll be testing out on 4 plymouth barred rocks, 4 silver wyandotte partidges, 5 anconas, and 1 red island red...i left the incubator running all night just to see if the temp and humidity stayed up around where it's safe, so YAY today's the day I place my eggs in
celebrate.gif
LOL I am more addicted than i realised
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom