Any Oct 6 hatches? (14 CHICKS TOTAL!!! 3 days early! PICS!!!!!)

Quote:
well , I HAD 8 eggs under my little old english game bantam and I noticed 1 egg was missing ... I am assuming it got broken and she may have eaten it ? IS THIS POSSIBLE ?

So , 7 eggs ok .... Noticed 6 days ago one egg was indeed broken and I could see the dead lil chick . So , leaves me with 6 eggs under her and they are DUE to hatch Saturday .

I candled last night, and the australorp chick died around day 12 -13 it looks like.

I went down to put the eggs in the egg cartons and I HAVE 7 PIPS! THEY ARE HATCHING 3 DAYS EARLY! Let's hope everything goes well.
big_smile.png

No pips here yet that I know of. But I haven't messed with my broody killing machine today, other than to give fresh food and water.

I will try to look under her on Sunday, see if there are any pips or anything....I am not expecting to see anything until Monday at least LOL

Wow, 3 days early, cool!!! I still have about 15 days to wait yet, ugh!

The little bantam eggs you gave me hatched 2 days early. Guess your chickens produce fast growing babies lol. Did you put in any eggs for me other than that Australorp one that didn't make it?

Let us know how many make it
smile.png

I checked at 12:00 am this morning, and one egg was zipping. I come back at 7:00 am, and I have 4 chicks running around in the incubator!
wee.gif
I'm going to post pictures soon~!

Deb, other than the Australorp egg, I set 3 EE eggs I think for you. If any of these eggs turn out to be Silkie/EE mixes, do you want them with your EE's? I only need pure silkies for the person who asked me to hatch them.

Awww congrats on good hatching so far!! How many do you have left to hatch?

Sure I will take whichever ones you don't want/need. Just let me know how much you want for them
smile.png

Well, I just went to count and I have EIGHT CHICKS! Three are still really wet, but I brought the other five up. All that have hatched so far are out of silkie eggs, but I can definately tell that the EE boy got with my silkie girls.
roll.png
Deb, you can have them for free because I know we'll do trading/selling next spring. I don't want these babies to go to auction, (my dad says if I don't sell them or give them away).

One of the EE eggs is pipped, but the EE's are always later to hatch than my silkies.
smile.png

8 woohoo!

Awww thanks
smile.png

I know your dad doesn't really want you brooding any babies over the winter. My 3 are a week old already, but they are still tiny.

No pure Silkies so far?

Back
Top Bottom