Any of you creative inventors

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by yotetrapper, May 12, 2008.

1. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    on here figure out a way to put quail eggs in a turner without the special racks? Seems like there should be a way it can be done, but I can't think of what it would be.

2. JordanFamily

JordanFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    Maybe if you find egg cartons that will hold an extra small egg you can cut the individual egg cups out and tape them to the inside of the turner cups... If you can't find a carton that holds tiny eggs in grocery mayb the yoy section will have something like kids fake egg cartons that would be smaller... Maybe you can find a easter candy eggs that are in a package that has small cups that would work... I would just go to your local super market and look around.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  3. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    My wife found some quail egg cartons on ebay, cut them up for the individual egg cups and just set the cups into the turner. Works like a charm and only cost a couple of bucks.

4. JimnJanet

JimnJanet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    How 'bout jist a small piece o' shelf liner in the rack cup ?

5. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    I was going to say to use card stock or cardboard cut to size if you can't get egg cartons to work but I like the rubber shelf linter idea better.

6. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Thanks guys bunch of good ideas here! I talked to local small farm store and they're gonna call if they can get me the racks, but if not, I'll try some of these ideas. Thanks a bunch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by