Any Of You Ever lived In A Haunted House?

pop.gif
ewww I love a good ghost story, had to post so I can come back and read, I'm at work right now.
hide.gif

Quote:
Have you tried researching all the past owners of your house???

I know who is haunting my house cuz there is ONLY 1 family that ever lived here. The house was built by my land lady's grandfather, which is the person who is haunting the house.

We live on about half an acre (probably small to some of you who have more than an acre
tongue.png
), but it still takes about 5 seconds to run away from our house, since it's more in the back. One night, our doorbell rang and we went to check it out.

No one was there. We went to check it out about 2 seconds after it happened.

That doesn't sound too mind-boggling, though our dog had a tendency to bark at every (living, might I add) thing that gets near our house. She can detect people all the way up the street. She never let out a bark or a growl or anything. We even let her out to see if anyone was hiding in the backyard.

It gave me the chills.
hide.gif

Though our house is only about 5 years old, their is an old road all the way in the back. It's almost gone now, but we found a few bricks and pieces of clothing around there.

Maybe someone got hit while crossing the street.
hu.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I've lived in several. One house in particular had activity every day. Mostly sounds but once when I had gotten up one morning. One of the plates that I had washed and was in the dish drainer was up against the wall on the other side of the room, unbroken. We heard glass breaking and actually the sound as if somebody dropped a chain. Dragging noises and voices. Llike 10 people where whistering at once. This was an old plantation house. It's been torn down for years now. The last haunted house we lived in was about 5 years ago. I would see a shadow move in the kitchen. When we where moving out, my grandson told me he was glad we where moving. I asked him why and he said because those people are here. We lived in one about 22 years ago that the old lady had been strangled by her grandson with the cord of her telephone. She was an artist. She had painted a Murel on one of the living room walls. We would always spot something different and would see a shadow in the kitchen. My Husband at the time had a nightmare so bad it scared him. He left the house and went to visit a friend. (my nusband was taking a nap) He told his friend about his dream and he informed him that is what happened to the old lady. We had never heard the story about her before just that she had died in that house. He didn't go back home until he knew I would be home from work. There was another about 25 years ago that had a staircase that went upstairs. There was a door at the top of the stairs and it was locked from the inside. My husband managed to get in and the only thing up there was a rocking chair. That was the noise we had been hearing was that rocking chair. There was also alot of that whispering sound there too. There was another that I would hear voices in an upstairs closet. My mother lived with us then and she hated that house. We would come home most days she and my daughter would be outside because she was too scared to stay inside. I'm sure I will think of more.

It used to scare me to live in a haunted house but not anymore. OH there was another one I lived in florida. I actually saw the dog. Thought it was mine. I didn't really look down because i'm so used to my dog following me everywhere, I just know she's there. She used to bump me in the leg with her nose. I guess to say here I am. Well, this dog did that and I did what I usually do, just reach my hand down and she would usually touch her nose to my hand. This dog didn't do that but followed me all the way to my room. When I got there, there was my dog asleep on my bed. That freaked me out a little but I knew there where ghosts in that house but didn't know there where ghost animals. We would have things come up missing all the time in that house. Our ghost was a prankster. Would hide keys, mail. cigarettes, lighters. It was always things the size of mail and smaller. One night I heard a crash. I got up to see what it was and a clock had fallen off the wall. I picked it up and leaned it up against the wall and went back to bed. Well one other member of the house had gotten up to investigate sometime after or before I had and when they did all they saw was the clock on the floor but left it. Then next morning when the owner came home from work she came home to a dead cat laying under the clock in the middle of the floor. Now this wasn't a big clock. It was a plastic Coke a cola clock. The only way it could have killed that cat was if it landed on its head and fallen from the ceiling. The cat wasn't there when I moved the clock. We all thought that was pretty freaky. Something was wrong with that cat too. It wouldn't let anybody near it. It would growl, his and try to scratch anybody. It was born in that house from the owners female cat. The kitten was never right. Probably possesed I always thought. It was laying by the phone one day and I went to reach for the phone. It wouldn't let me. It didn't have rabies, it was born evil.

Our ghosts are also protective and and some what unobtrusive. Sometimes things are rearranged in my kitchen cupboards, sometimes a pot handle turned on the stove. I have seen the little boy shutting the back yard gate. I think they are happy to have some one here that loves their house as much as they did and truely care about the farm. I would however like to know why they are still here.

Have you tried researching all the past owners of your house???

I know who is haunting my house cuz there is ONLY 1 family that ever lived here. The house was built by my land lady's grandfather, which is the person who is haunting the house.​

We know the names of all families who have lived here but not to much about them. I always say I want to go to the county library and look it up but.......
I know the first family would be easy since they founded the town. The one thing that throws me off on the time though is the little boy is wearing the little knickers for pants and a white shirt, I think that may be a bit farther back then when the house was built, more of the 1800's so kind of mysterious to me.​

*chicken+quail=luv* :

Quote:
Hmm. Perhaps it was a young ghost that was haunting you.
idunno.gif

I think that maybe one of the ghost was a child. My 16 year old has told me recently that he thought he saw a young boy running by our window several times. But when he turned his head, the boy was gone.
Whoever it was, liked to play pranks.

I didn't believe in ghost so it freaked me out much more then it should have done.​

I have never lived in one; but one time I was showing a house to a client and I was there first. My broker, at the time, sent me to do the showing, as she "had something else to do" she said. I walked in, (it was vacant, still with the furnishings) and just felt pure dread and horror come over me. I am sort of a dejavu person anyway, but this was different. I felt cold and clammy and just scared. The people didn't like it, at all, for which I was very glad, as I would have felt badly selling that place. Went back to the office and later that week saw my broker and had a chance to tell her how I felt about that house. She looked at me so funny, and then said, "thank God, I thought it was just me!! What in the world has happened in that house?" It was way out in the country, in a tiny little one horse town, so we never saw anyone who could tell us anything about that house. Owner took it off the market and rented it out to family. I was telling a fellow about it, and ironically he had actually had grown up in the town as a little boy, and he said, "well, the family that lived there years and years ago, was murdered by the dad." I felt the hair on the back of me neck literally stand up on end!!!!

Quote:
Umm yea i would be out of that house,
hide.gif

We just moved in this house like 2 weeks ago, Not really sure yet if there is anything going on here, sometimes a few noises over our head, but then we say well it could be the neighbors they live next door. but then i think and we say the wired thing is, over our heads is not the neighbors it is one of our attics. then we leave it at that.
our house was built in 1800 something, it is an old farm house.
i do the creeps if i am upsaires by myself at night, i do feel ike someone is up there watching,
and at night while we sleep it feels like some one is standing there.

So far one neighbor across the street told us that an older lady died here.
my nepwewws says that there is a male ghost upstairs. we leave it at that and then we tease him, hehe
hide.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
That reminds me of when I used to work for a house cleaning company. Me and my parter were cleaning this house, and she was kind of a weird, spiritual girl, she started freaking out after about 20 minutes, saying there were bad ghosts in the house. She was so scared she stuck by me the whole time we were cleaning. I had never liked the house either, I always felt P.O'd and grumpy whenever I was in it, like I just wanted to leave. We asked the other girls and they all felt either dislike towards the house, or creeped out in it. It was weird. I live just a couple blocks from that house now, which is strange too.

Back
Top Bottom